HELL

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

HELL

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:39 am

Hell!
There I said it. Are you happy now?
There are 6 main views of Hell that I would like to talk about at the moment.
However before we begin a quick reminder: Satan, The Devil, and Lucifer are all names for the same being, so they can be used interchangeably. If you see me use Lucifer I am most likely talking about what he was like before he fell, however they are all the same guy.
Hell #1: Hell is a fairy tale meant to scare small children into being good. It isn’t real but we tell little kids “If you are a good little boy or girl than Santa Claus will bring you presents on Christmas Eve and when you die you get to live in Heaven with Jesus and be with all the other people you love, however if you’re naughty Santa will fill your stockings with coal and you will burn in Hell for all eternity.”
Clearly no Christian believes this. Someone might go to church every week, yet still believe this, they are saying all the right things, doing the right things, but they are just waiting until they turn 18 and move out of their parent’s house so Mommy and Daddy will stop dragging them to church; or maybe they are trying to fool God. “God I know you’re not real, but just in case you are I’m going to throw away 10% of my income every month into the offering plate so that I get to go to Heaven when I die.
If this is you than think on this, in all the ‘fairy tales’ God is said to be all knowing, he sees through your con game. He wants a real relationship with people who really want to spend time with him, not a faker like you. There is even a few verses in the Bible where he says “Not everyone who says to me ‘Lord, Lord” will get into Heaven.
Hell #2: Hell is just like Earth, only you don’t have to put up with those stupid Christian Bible thumpers who are always trying to stuff their ridiculous beliefs into you.
This is not the least bit Biblical and I REALLY hope all of you know this, this fantasy is created by people to say, “I don’t think your god is real, but if he is I can’t wait to get to Hell because all my friends will be there and you won’t be. So it should be a really great place to spend eternity.”
Hell #3: Hell is like you see in all the movies and TV shows. Satan has red skin, horns and a pitch fork, he rules over a flaming pit underground somewhere. He tortures people just for laughs. Sometimes people or demons escape and he hires bounty hunters to bring these escaped souls back to Hell. Other times Satan tries to break down the barrier between Earth and Hell so that he can take over the Earth.
Actually I have no idea where the image of a red skinned devil with horns and a pitch fork came from (actually that’s not true, I do know, but it wasn’t the Bible). Satan is described in the Bible as being very good looking. Just think about it, all the sins that we are told will get us sent to Hell are tempting because of how good they look. Nowhere in the Bible says that you aren’t suppose to rub your excrement on yourself, or that you should stab yourself in the heart. The things God tells you to avoid have short term appeal to them. There are lots of times when lying looks like it will get us out of trouble, or having sex with someone we aren’t married to seem enjoyable, yet there are side effects to these things that can really hurt us.

The Bible doesn’t support any of the first three views of Hell, however lets look at what the Bible does say. The way it reads to me it says that God is a king who was betrayed, Satan tried to take away his thrown and now God has to punish all the people who turned against him. When this happens a king has 4 choices, he can ignore it (God takes everyone and brings them to Heaven if they like it or not. This is not a Bibleical view), he can kill you, he can give you a life sentence in prison, or he can banish you from the land.
Hell #4: Hell is a place where your ‘essence’ goes when you die to be burned up and then you no longer exist anymore. The idea here is that God wants everyone to go to Heaven, however you can’t bring any sin with you. Jesus’ blood was spilled to wash away your sins and send it to Hell to burn up without you, however you hold so tightly to your sin that you get washed down the drain with your sins and burn up like a greasy rag. This is the death sentence I talked about above.
This one is at least somewhat Biblical and this one, like the other two are believed by many Christians. There are people who don’t like to study, and even those that do can get confused by the topics some time, so each of these last three are being seriously considered by many Christians, and I am not perfect, so I can’t promise with a 100% guarantee which one is correct, however this is what we believe. The main problem many Christians have with this one is that they believe that the soul is eternal and CAN’T be destroyed, if that sounds like you then take your pick from the next two choices.
Hell #5: Hell is a prison. It is guarded by angels, and whatever ‘spirit powers’ you may have got being a ghost have been carefully considered so you can’t get out. This inescapable prison is where you will stay forever; a life time prison sentence for someone who can’t die.
Hell #6: Hell is just a place without God. There are two choices; you want to walk with God or you don’t, and now God is giving you your choice. If you spent your life following him than you get to go to Heaven, however if you spent your whole life trying to be as far away from God as possible than God will grant your wish, however because “All good gifts come from God” this is a place without anything good in it.
I picture this one as being sent to Mars. As I type this humans are working on going to Mars, however right now it is a very large place full of nothing but sand and rocks. In the movie “Highlander” a man is told that he can’t die, unless he has his head cut off. At one part of the movie he is submerged underwater to show him that he can even run out of air and still not die. Just picture that if you will. A trillion people living in a place without food, water, clothing or shelter. They are always hungry and thirsty, yet they do not die. They spent their whole lives saying things like “Heaven doesn’t want me and Hell is afraid that I’ll take over.”
Well guess what? Heaven DID want you, but you turned them down, so now you are trapped in Hell with a trillion other people who are all trying to take it over. Each fighting for their own tiny piece of the dirt and rocks, only none of them can kill anyone else.
This is the one that I personally believe at the moment; however that doesn’t make it true. If you believe everything I say just because I saw it then you are a fool. Please read the Bible for yourself and see what you think.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

NinaRayquaza
Cyborg
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: HELL

Post by NinaRayquaza » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:24 pm

There's two things I've never understood about the concept of Hell: Why inflict infinite punishment for finite sin? And also, how is someone deemed sinful enough for Hell? Is it like a weighing scale, where people whose bad deeds outweigh their good deeds are condemned?
I am from Australia. I am Australese.

On 10 May 2015, I became a cyborg.

Did I make an error when I said I was Australese?

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:28 pm

<I know this guy who is a Christian, and I asked him that once, he said that it can only takes a minute to kill someone, yet most governments will send you into lockup for the rest of your life for killing someone, no matter how good you were all the years before and after the event.>
<Mr. TM here has written that god is like some kind of king, and
There are two choices; you want to walk with God or you don’t, and now God is giving you your choice. If you spent your life following him than you get to go to Heaven, however if you spent your whole life trying to be as far away from God as possible than God will grant your wish, however because “All good gifts come from God” this is a place without anything good in it.
...as near as I can figure he seems to think that because I somehow betrayed god, god will punish me by sending me to "a place without god".>
<If this is true than it has nothing to do with how good or evil I am. All the evil was paid for by Jesus death anyway, so we are all clean and 150% good in god's eyes.>
<We just flip god the bird and walk out saying we want to do it our own way without him.>
<What I don't get is how it can be that there are all these people reading the same book and they STILL come up with those last three views on hell and they can't figure out which one I'm going to when I die.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 pm

<There is another image that some Christians like to use. View in your mind the Grand Canyon, it is very far from one side to the other.>
<This canyon was created by you trying to get away from God, yet now you might want God in your life.>
<God has forgiven your sins so you are now allowed on the same side as him, however the only way across is by taking the bridge, that bridge is the cross.>
<You have to come to the cross or you can't get there.>
<If you don't believe me go to the Grand Canyon and try jumping to the other side under your own power.>

<You may want to practice a few time first.>

<Just to be clear humans don't have wings, and they never have, and even the longest long jump in the history of the world isn't going to be enough to get across, therefore you need help.>
<Jesus gave you that help by building the bridge when he died on the cross.>
<Now the chose is yours. Everyone who wants to get to Heaven under their own power is free to try, anyone who doesn't want to try to get to Heaven is free to stay where they are, even though I'm telling you right now that a volcano is about to turn it into a lake of fire, and anyone who wants to cross the bridge by way of Jesus is free to do that as well.>

<Just for the record, the Grand Canyon is 277 miles (446 km) long, up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and attains a depth of over a mile (6,000 feet or 1,800 meters).>
<The world record, (according to Wikipedia as of Jan 2014) is 8.95 m (29 ft 41⁄4 in) by Mike Powell on August 30, 1991.>

<Lets try to see that in our minds, Mike Powell tries to jump the 18 miles (29 km) wide gap across the Grand Canyon and goes a total of 8.95 m (29 ft 41⁄4 in) before...>
<Wait, the 29 km across is the same as 29000 meters, and he only jumped 8.95 meters.>

<He needs to jump 3240.2235 times as far as he did in order to make it safely to the other side.>

<Do you think he would be willing to try that if I asked him to REALLY, REALLY nicely, or would he want to take the bridge???>

<Then again I'm not Mike Powell, and I'm guessing you aren't ether. If you are then all I can say is "Hey there Mike! How are you doing?" for the rest of you I have this to say "How does your long jump compare to Mike's?".>

<Maybe that word picture doesn't explain it well enough for you.>
<Here is another I heard once.>
<Think of the ten commandments as the links in a chain.>
<Now lets say that chain is attached to the ceiling, and on the other end of that chain is...you.>
<Of the ten links in the chain, which on can you safely cut and not fall to the floor below?>
<I promise that I will forgive you for breaking my chain, however you must still deal with the consequences of anything that happens from the breaking of that chain.>

<Oh, did I forget to tell you that I have really high ceilings in my new house?>
<The ceiling is three-point-one-four-one-five-nine-six-five floors up.>

EDIT:
Some of you have noticed that I seem to really enjoy using allegory, and here is why, Jesus Christ spoke in allegory, so did Aesop, of “Aesop’s Fables”.
If you are reading this you have probably heard the most famous Bible verse of them all, John 3:16, however what you might not be familiar with is John 3:11 through 12, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that which we know, and bear witness of that which we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you heavenly things?”
I was trying to think of a better way to explain how a loving God could send some people to Heaven and other people to Hell when I thought of The Little Red Hen.
http://www.storybus.org/stories_and_act ... _hen/story
Once upon a time, a lamb, a cat, a pig, and a little red hen lived on an old farm on a flowery hill surrounded by fields of golden wheat. One day, the Little Red Hen found some grains of wheat scattered in the barnyard. "Look what I've found!" she said to the other animals. "Who will help me plant these grains of wheat?"

"Not I!" said the lamb.
"Not I!" said the cat.
"Not I!" said the pig.

"Then I'll do it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And so she did. She knew that seeds need water to grow tall and strong. "Who will help me water these seeds?" asked the Little Red Hen.

"Not I!" said the lamb.
"Not I!" said the cat.
"Not I!" said the pig.

"Then I'll do it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And so she did. The Little Red Hen watered the soil and waited patiently for the wheat to grow. When the wheat was tall and golden, she knew it was ready to be cut. "Who will help me harvest the wheat?" asked the Little Red Hen.

"Not I!" said the lamb.
"Not I!" said the cat.
"Not I!" said the pig.

"Then I'll do it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And so she did. The Little Red Hen's basket was soon filled with wheat. "Who will help me take the wheat to the mill to be ground into flour?" asked the Little Red Hen.

"Not I!" said the lamb
"Not I!" said the cat.
"Not I!" said the pig.

"Then I'll do it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And so she did. The kind miller ground the wheat into powdery, velvety flour, and the Little Red Hen carried it home in a rough brown sack. "Who will help me make this flour into bread?" asked the Little Red Hen.

"Not I!" said the lamb.
"Not I!" said the cat.
"Not I!" said the pig.

"Then I'll do it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And so she did. The Little Red Hen mixed the flour into sticky dough and kneaded it into a smooth loaf. "Who will help me put this bread into the oven to bake?" asked the Little Red Hen.

"Not I!" said the lamb.
"Not I!" said the cat.
"Not I!" said the pig.

"Then I'll do it myself," said the Little Red Hen. And so she did. The kitchen filled with the delicious scent of baking bread, and the other animals came to see what was happening. The Little Red Hen took the warm, crusty loaf out of the oven, and set it on the table. "Who will help me eat this fresh, tasty bread?" asked the Little Red Hen.

"I will!" said the lamb.
"I will!" said the cat.
"I will!" said the pig.

"No, you will not," said the Little Red Hen. "You didn't help me plant it, or water it, or harvest it, or mill it, or bake it. I shall eat it myself!" And so she did.

"Oh me!" said the lamb.
"Oh my!" said the cat.
"Oh me, oh my!" said the pig.

The next time the Little Red Hen found some grains of wheat, the lamb planted it in the rich, brown soil, the cat watered it carefully every day, and the pig harvested the wheat when it had grown tall and strong. When the dough was baked, together the animals made hot chocolate and ate the fresh, warm bread. It was delicious! The animals lived happily ever after, cooperating and helping every day.
Picture this; all your life God is calling everyone to him.
“Who will come and follow me?” God asked.
“I will follow you.” a Christian said.
“I won’t,” said another, “I don’t believe you are even real. You don’t even exist.”
Again God called out, “Who will come and follow me, and get to live out eternity with me in paradise?”
“I will follow you.” the Christian said.
“Ha!” laughed the unbeliever, “You do not really exist, and even if you did your rules are too harsh. I want to have fun and not be tied down by your rules.”
Again God called out “I have many great and endless rewards for all those who will follow me. Who will join me and be my servant?”
“I will serve to man or god.” The unbeliever said, “I will rule my own life and my own destiny. I want nothing to do with you or anything you stand for.”
Then one day death came both to the Christian and the unbeliever alike.
God showed them both what Heaven was like, and what awaited those in Hell. Then he asked “Who among you will come live with me in Heaven and who will go live in Hell?”
“I want to be with you in Heaven too.” The unbeliever said, for now that he could see God face to face he did believe.
To the Christian God said “You have followed me faithfully for many years, so you can come with me and enjoy all the riches of Heaven.”
To the unbeliever God said, “Oh, so NOW you wish to follow me? How many times have you said that you wanted nothing to do with me, or that my rules were too strict for you? How many times did you say that Heaven did not want you and that Hell was afraid that you would take over?”
“Yes, God I know I’ve said all those things many times, but I promise that I’ve changed my mind. I will follow you faithfully from now on.” The man said.
“Too bad, you’re a day late and a dollar short.” God said, “I want real faith and real love. You only want to turn to me know to get out of what awaits you elsewhere. If I had offered you Heaven or to be sent back to Earth to try again there is no doubt in my mind you would go back to Earth. However it is for each man to live once, die once and then face judgment. You have rejected me in life, so now I reject you as well."
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20