Mormon beliefs

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Mormon beliefs

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSlbuli7HM

<I have never been to a Mormon church, however I was on Youtube today and found this.>
<Are there any Mormans here? Is this really what you believe?>

<There are many gods living on many different planets.>
<Each of these gods once were human like us.>
<An unidentified god with many godess wives had a son, this son would grow up to become the father of the Mormon Jesus. They sent him to Earth where he was born to human parents. Through obedeance to Mormon teachings he proved himself worthy and became a god. He then had endless sex with his goddess wives.>
<Jesus and Lusifer are brothers; their father had many spirit wives.>
They met to plan the building of Earth.
Both Lusifer and the morman Jesus made bids to be the savior of this new planet.
Lucifer tricked 1/3 of the spirit people and they became demons, cursed to have no phisical bodies.
Dark skinned people took no side in this conflict, that is why they have dark skin.
Those who faught on god's side were given while skin on Earth.
If humans do good enough they can become gods themselves.
Adam was god in Human form, Eve was one of his many wives, he later returned in human form to have sex with Mary, so that she could give birth to Jesus.
Jesus had three human wives, with them he had many human children.
One of Jesus' desendences was Josheph, a treasure seeker known for his tall tales, found a golden book of these teachings.
Josheph Smith did more for humans than the morman Jesus, and that when we face judgment we will face Joseph Smith, the morman Jesus, and Jesus' father.
Josheph Smith died a marter, and in sheding his blood for us we could become gods.

<Now if this is really what Mormons believe then there is no way that they should be called Christians.>
<Christians believe that there is only one god, not a whole race of gods.>
<As a Christian I believe that when I die I will not become an angel or a god, I will still be a human being, however I will be a perfected Human being.>
<In the Bible Jesus is asked about a woman who was married and her husband died, so she married again. He died and she married again.
Jesus was asked 'when she gets to Heaven who's wife will she be?' and he said that she wouldn't be married to anyone, there is no marriage in Heaven.>
<Because there is no marriage in Heaven there is also no sex, no sex means that there are no babies. Therefore there can not be 'a spirit child' who grows up and becomes the father of the Mormon Jesus.>
<Please keep in mind that all of the things I have just said are biased on what is written in the four gospels at the very beginning of the New Testament. The very same part of the Bible that tells of Jesus being born, his death and resurrection.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Re: Mormon beliefs

Post by Elfangor » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:06 am

The weirdest thing I have ever heard about Mormons is their stance on polygamist marriage. I think you will find TM, that there will be some "Mormons" that believe this. However it is not the general Mormon beliefs.

Imagine if you had only ever seen Westboro Baptist Church? You'd think all Christians a mindless hate machines.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:44 pm

<I have hear at least one argument for why polygamist marriage "should be" encouraged, the idea was that men like to have 'sexual relations' at least once every three days or so, a woman only wants it once or twice a month.>
<If a man had five wives and he had sex with wife #1 on the first, with wife #2 on the 4th, with wife #3 on the 7th, and wife #4 on the 10th, and wife #5 on the 13th, then he could go back to wife #1 on the 16th, wife #2 on the 19th, wife #3 on the 22th, wife #4 on the 25ed, than wife #5 on the 25th. Then Wife #1 again on the 28th, wife #2 on the 31th.>
<During a two month period there are 61 days, and the man would get to have sex 20 times, yet each wife would only have sex 4 times, or once every 15.25 days.>
<Over the course of a year there are 365 days, he would have sex 121.66 times, yet each of his 5 wives would only have sex 24.33 times, or once every 15 days. In theory this would satisfy all people involved sexually.>

<All that being said, I can hardly afford to be paying to support me, my one wife and our dog. Being able to afford to support five wives is a bit beyond what I can handle; and even if I could, wife #1 likes some things and wife #2 likes other things, what if I get them confused. What if wife #2 really likes a kind of food that wife #3 hates, and I get it for wife #3 for her birthday!>
<It is hard enough knowing how to satisfy one woman, much less to satisfy four or five women, and then there is the issue of jealousy. Would one of these wives become jealous because she thinks that she isn't being treated as well as one of her husband's other four wives?>

<There are lots of other reasons why I would not want to be in that kind of marriage, it being illegal in this country is another.>
<Even if it were not illegal and I was up for it, how do I find 4 different women who are each alright with being one of four wives?>
Last edited by Tobias_Marco on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:31 pm

A worthy response, however I think you'll find that, in general, Woman want sex just as much as men.

Maybe averages are different based on upbringing, I don't know.
In any case, I fully agree with you, having more then one wife would be difficult, also the averages are 49 males and 51 females in every 100 humans, hardly enough for each guy to have more than 1.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Unless each woman has more than one husband.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 pm

<In reading a wikipedia page about this it does talk about a 'group marriage' where many men and many women are all said to be married to each other. However would that be any better?>
<In theory the possibility for STDs and STIs would increase.>
<If half of these people have jobs then the financial burden would be less than it would be on a one man-one woman marriage.>
<This is because if 6 men are each married to one woman each then they would live in 6 different houses, pay 6 rents, pay 6 electric bills and 6 trash bills.>
<However if 6 men and 6 women were all living in one house married to each other they would only have one rent (that would be maybe 2 or 3 times what one rent would have been before, but it is still half as much in the end going to rent (I'm just guessing here, I didn't do any research)), and the over all electricity and trash bills would go down as well.>
<You would still have 12 people that you would have to be feeding, however meal planing could be easier (or harder depending on the group) and you could cook more of whatever you have that night. Buying in bulk does tend to save money in the long run.>
<Financially it does make sense to go that route, however there are many other factors, some of them are listed in earlier posts on this topic thread. SEE: Illegal, Questionable morality, Feasibility (finding 11 other people who want to get in on this with you).>
<As I said earlier there is an increased risk of STDs and STIs. Lets pretend for a moment that a man lives in a place where this kind of thing is allowed, and that he was raised to believe that it is normal. Now lets say that we are 100% sure that none of these people have ever had sex and are clean. What are the odds that at least one of them will cheat on the group with someone with an STD/STI?>
<If even one of them gets an STD/STI then there is a good chance that all of them will have it with in a year.>

EDIT:
<It has been quite some time since I posted this, so I decided to watch it again.>
<As a Christian this looks like really bad fan-fiction to me.>
<It's like someone took the Holy Bible and Superman's origin story and melded them together.>
<Actually they didn't even read the Bible first, they just took a few names out of the Bible and added them to their fan-fiction.>
<Also, watching it I noticed they never just said "Jesus" they say "Mormon Jesus".>
<Joseph Smith is "A treasure seeker known for his tall tails" discovered these gold pages. Being of a direct decedent of the Morman Jesus he gets to sit next to the Morman Jesus and his father to judge each individual? Really>
<Then he has the nerve to say that he "did more for us than any man, including Jesus Christ."?>
<Please excuse my language but, WTF?>
<According to my Bible Jesus Christ shed his blood so that I could go to Heaven and not be punished as a turncoat against God, according to this Joseph Smith shed his blood so I could become a god.>
<Lets do the math on this though. If Mr. Smith made it so that I could become a god and rule over my own planet then there will be millions of gods coming from this planet to rule over other planets, if millions of gods come from each of those planets then wouldn't we run out of planets to rule sooner or later?>

"Well the good news is that I ascended to godhood and get my own planet to rule, the bad news is that it's only Pluto, the dwarf planet." Person 1
"Wait, so you rule over a ball of ice and rock?" Person 2
"Yeah, there isn't even any life on that thing!" Person 3
"Tell me about it. I must not have been a very good Mormon." Person 1.

EDIT2:
<There are lots of other reasons why I would not want to be in that kind of marriage, it being illegal in this country is another.>
<Even if it were not illegal and I was up for it, how do I find 4 different women who are each alright with being one of four wives?>
<Not only do I need to find four woman who are alright with the idea of being 'one of four wives' they also all have to be alright with being married to me!>