Your thoughts on gay marriage?

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
rex7034
Gedd

Re: Your thoughts on gay marriage?

Post by rex7034 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Well, I think we should just let people do what they want....there's really no need to make such a big deal out of it though as everyone's doing.

timnip
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by timnip » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:22 pm

If everyone did it then humans would be extinct faster then the the Yeerk's could have killed us all without anyone apposing them! :thinking:

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:05 am

Yes, because if gay marriage is legalized, then EVERYBODY will instantly stop liking everybody of the opposite gender. Oh, wait, sorry, that makes no sense.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:39 am

mostafahmed wrote:As the only muslim here (I think) this is how I would explain it. I am not an expert in my religion, but this is what my limited knowledge has. The quran (holy book) is very tricky and confusing to the new generation so there are many ways to explain what most verses explain. According to a fair number of priests it is only love that can keep someone with the same sex. So Sex in general is banned unless if it is for producing offspring. Why? Because it has a chance of many diseases. When it comes to gay sex it is even worse. So as long as you truly love a person, it is always fine to be with them. The main purpose of islam in our school books is equality and some other things then less important things. So I have no problem when I see gay LOVE. It warms my heart to know people truly love each other because my friends turned out to secretly hate and now I have to find new which is hard but I have new ones and it made me appreciate having someone to love which is the exact issue.
And to comment on this post, that's just flat-out wrong. Being careful with choosing partners, getting regular STD and STI testing, using protection, and all that fun stuff is probably enough for homosexuals and heterosexuals to avoid diseases. If you're going to make such a bold claim that gay sex has a higher chance for infection that straight sex, then please, back it up with sources and evidence!
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm a catholic. Some of us are extremely against gay marriage. Others think it's totally fine. I personally think that gay marriage should be legal, but that religions don't have to practice it. I think people should be free to love whoever they want.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:57 pm

TM: I don't agree with everything you said, but I'm not going to hate you for it.
By the way, though it's debated, a lot of people seem to say that Catholics are also Christians. I think that Catholics are just more specific TYPES of Christians. It's like book editions - the text can be a little different and the covers vary, but they try and get across similar things.
Note that I'm not extremely old. I've got a lot to learn and could be TOTALLY wrong.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Lucky Star
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Lucky Star » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Marriage is no ones elses business but your own.
If you don't want to have a gay mariage, then don't get one.

People shouldn't just be able to force their own religion down our throats like this.
But gay mariage is legal now, soooo.

Love won! yay!

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 pm

YeerkSalad wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:57 pm
TM: I don't agree with everything you said, but I'm not going to hate you for it.
By the way, though it's debated, a lot of people seem to say that Catholics are also Christians. I think that Catholics are just more specific TYPES of Christians. It's like book editions - the text can be a little different and the covers vary, but they try and get across similar things.
Note that I'm not extremely old. I've got a lot to learn and could be TOTALLY wrong.
<First let me say that I am glad that you don't hate me. The Holy Bible says that we should love the sinner and hate the sin. And I have sinned.>
<I have made it clear that I do not think that Catholics are really Christians. Now lets examine why.>
<Do Catholics call themselves Christians? Yes!>
<However some people have been arrested for calling themselves doctors when they weren't.>
<In Revelations a man sees an angel of the Lord and bows down to worship him. The angel says "No don't do that. Only God should be worshipped." (I'm paraphrasing)
We are also told that "no one comes to the father (God) except throgh the son (Jesus). There are a few verses that say we shouldn't pray to anyone exsept God. Yet Catholics pray to the Virgin Mary and the saints.>
<By the way, she didn't stay a virgin for long, the Holy Bible says that Jesus's mother and brothers came to see him one day... these would have been the sons Mary had after Jesus was born, after Mary slept with her husband.>
<We are also told that Jesus is the only mediator we need between us and God... yet if I don't go to confession to a human priest, then I will go to purgatory after I die to have my sins burned away.>
<If that is all it takes then why would Jesus have died for my sins in the first place?!? The Holy Bible says that in God's eyes all Christians are pure, free of sin, I don't need to go to purgatory first.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20