So since the bible says....,

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

So since the bible says....,

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:48 pm

There is no man on earth who do good and sin not does that mean aliens who are not from earth are perfect if they exist?

xenawarriorprincess
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: So since the bible says....,

Post by xenawarriorprincess » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm

I highly doubt people were thinking about that back when they still thought the planets revolved around the earth. The stuff in the Bible needed to make sense to people of Biblical days as well as people now.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 pm

<Time to go to logic class.>
<All logical statements start out with premises. If your premises are true and your logic is good then your conclusion will be true, however this only works if all your premises are true.>
<If I say that all X are Y. That doesn't mean that no non-X are Y.>
<Lets put that another way;
Fact 1: All dogs are mammals.
Fact 2:No cats are dogs.
"Therefore no cats are mammals" does not work.
<From the above info we can't know if cats are mammals or not. However as an educated human being you know that cats are in fact mammals.>
<The reason you know this is because you have more premises to work with.>
Fact 3: All animals with hair or fur that produce live young and give milk to their babies are mammals.
Fact 4: Cats have fur and produce live young, and give milk to their young.
"Therefore all cats are mammals."
"Cats and dogs are both mammals, therefore they may share other traits in common."

premise 1: Nobody can get into Heaven unless they are without sin, or they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.
premise 2: You can't go to Heaven unless you have a soul.
premise 3: If any member of a race has a soul then all members of that race have souls.
premise 4: All humans have souls.
premise 5: All humans have sinned at least once.
"Therefore No human can get into Heaven unless they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior." does work.
All Christians MUST believe at least this much, otherwise you aren't really a Christian. If you don't like that last statement then please ask me to explain it and I will gladly do so, or point you to where I have already done so.>
premise 6: Alien life exist. (Maybe true, maybe false. However if it is true then our conclusion will be true, so long as our logic is sound.)
premise 7: Any life form smart enough to speak in a written language has a soul. (This one is up for debate. Some will say that it is true, others will say that it is false.)
"Therefore and alien life forms that have a written language have souls, and may be able to get into Heaven."
<This does not tell us that aliens are without sin, or that they have sinned. Biased on these premises we just can't know.>
<Please feel free to find any flaws in my logic.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

podracer1994
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by podracer1994 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:38 am

Personally, I feel if God has created other beings we won't meet them till after the end times... lol.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:33 am

<If it is somehow possible to travel faster than the speed of light, then somebody will figure it out.>
<If someone figures out how to travel faster than light at least 1 such person will be Human.>
<Humans are curious and love to explore.>
<Therefore if it is possible to travel faster than the speed of light then exentually Humans will have explored every planet, moon and asteroid that nobody stops us from exploring.>
<Therefore if it is possible to travel faster then the speed of light, and if alien life exists, then either they will find us, or we will find them.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20