Proof that there is a devil

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Proof that there is a devil

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 am

Current wrote:Thing I've been wondering, actually: Is the whole "the Devil can offer you a deal for your soul" thing considered something real in mainstream Christianity? Does it appear in the Bible, for example? I mean, I know the whole tempting Jesus in the desert deal, but that was Jesus we're talking about. Satan tempting him fits with his role as the Accuser, testing him as the real Messiah, etc. It just seems to me (but I could be completely wrong) that the deal with the devil is more a literary trope than actual theology. Something like the "nine circles of hell" that were essentially made up by Dante.
<This is a great question and I am sorry that I haven't even tried to answer it sooner.>

<The short answer is "no, you can't sell your soul to the Devil.">

<What it comes down to is the difference between buying a new TV and selling out your country.>
<If I walk into a store with enough money I can buy a new TV, that however isn't really what is going on here.>
<The God of Christianity is said to have created the universe, and because he built it he thinks that he has more right to own it than anybody else.>
<From a human perspective this makes sense.>
<God has built a kingdom and proclaimed himself king. "I did all the work to create this dirt, and these walls, and every building in this kingdom, so I think that I should be king." Only he said it in a way that didn't sound even slightly stupid.>
<God then sets Lucifer up as his second in command, and the guy gets greedy and tries to overthrow the king. Think Hamlet, MacBeth, The Lion King or any movie you've ever seen where someone tries to over throw the king.>
<The catch is that this time the King sees what is going on and stops him.>

<King Mufasa is on his thrown and Scar tries to over throw him, however he sees it coming the whole time.>
<The Lion King 2 shows us that there were some lionesses who were in on Scar's plans, he wasn't just acting alone, even among the lions.>
<King Mufasa calls all the lions together and says "Scar tried to kill me and my son so that he could take my place as king, and these lionesses here were in on it, it is well within my rights as king to sentience them to death. However instead I will banish them from the pride lands, they are to head south for a day and a half, then to the other side of the next river they come to, after that they can go where ever they want. so long as they stay on their side of the river.">
<However there is one catch, King Mufasa gives everyone one more chance. "Anyone other that Scar may choose to come back to me, if you do you may stay and follow my laws. However anyone who doesn't want to follow my laws and follow me can go with Scar south beyond the river.">
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mostafahmed » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 pm

You do know the devil-in all my range of religious knowledge- is never capable of communicating with humans. And the fact that this boy is like that is his fate..I mean who new that the egyptians,inspite of Israel's weaponry advances, can win the war. Who new? Besides the devil's workers or so are telling u to do bad or a sin yet u are able to resist. It tells u in a way that u decide it by yourself. It sort of encourages u. If u resist then the devil's efforts on u are mostly futile on u but no one lives a life without doing one sin, even holy people. I hope I helped.
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 pm

<To put my earlier answer more plainly, you sold your soul to the Devil the first time you lied, stole or did anything that the Holy Bible calls "sin". At that moment you committed treason against the king. However because Jesus Christ died to pay for your sins God has bought back your soul, however there is a small catch... you have to accept this truth and come back to him.>
<You have God, immortal king of a vast kingdom, with the ability to will anything he wants into existence. Meaning there are no campain ads and no taxes. He also promised free healthcare and housing for everyone.>
<On the other hand you have the Devil, being sent as a prisoner to a vast wasteland...imagion Mars, only with less water and no human made objects. When you die you will be sent to one of these two places. You have a gift from the king, he says that if you take it there is a full pardon inside. You can skip Hell and join him in Heaven, no time in purgatory required.>
<So ask yourself this...is God real or not? If he IS REAL then would he really offer people a free pardon just so he will have some company in Heaven? And if he has offered this to you, what reason do you have for not taking it?>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20