Is the soul real?

Talk about religion here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Is the soul real?

Yes, and when we die GOD says if it goes to Heaven or Hell
36%
Yes, and when I die I will say if it goes to Heaven or Hell
No votes
Yes, and when we die its enegry becomes one with the universe
14%
No, when we die our body shuts down and we are just gone
50%

Total votes: 14

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Is the soul real?

Post by Current » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:05 am

Visser 5 wrote:Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
That sounds like he is talking about a 'soul' to me.
How so? From what I can read it's about challenging prejudice with intelligence. How does that in any way require or imply a soul?
What is not the answer to this question?

Luna May
GPC Tamer
GPC Tamer
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Luna May » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 am

Also, I don't know if Einstein was the single most intelligent human being to ever live, with all due respect to him and his awesomeness.

Avv © Culpeo-Fox

*hi fives Blu*

Isn't quite sure how I feel about anything at the moment.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by The_Brigadier » Mon May 30, 2011 1:28 pm

I believe in the soul. I believe in the after life.

However, I don't understand the difference between the "spirit" and the "soul".
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 pm

<I have no idea if the soul exists or not, and if it does what the difference is between a spirit and a soul, in fact I bet there are a lot of people who don't know the difference.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Of course it,s real what was you know who supposed to split? A banna?
Btw the vote option that says something about the universe is what was supposed to happen ( and did not.) in the movie all of me.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:25 pm

I kind of have a weird way of thinking of it. I'm an atheist, but I do believe in the soul. Yet I don't follow any spiritual pull or alignment. I'm weird that way. :P
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Sassy_Cat wrote:I kind of have a weird way of thinking of it. I'm an atheist, but I do believe in the soul. Yet I don't follow any spiritual pull or alignment. I'm weird that way. :P
How do you define "soul"? Just curious. And that question is open to anybody who happens to read this, btw, not just Sass.

And Sass, in your case, weird = awesome ;)
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Luna May:
Why is that so? Does the term 'soul', when connotations are removed, imply anything other than 'life force'?
Or are you suggesting each individual possesses a predetermined personality which is kept somewhere unrelated to their biological makeup?
<Your 'life force' is a part of your soul, however there is more too it then just that. Think about your computer, there is the hardware and the software, your body has hardware as well, what it looks like is governed by your DNA. The software is governed by your soul, and is programed by what God put in you before you were born, what you expereance in this life and your own choices.>
<The Holy Bible tells us that The Lord God Almight gives each of us 'spiritual gifts' even those who aren't believers have these gifts to some extent. Your skill in math, music or understanding people is part of your spiritual gifts. Now how you use these gifts is up to you. If God gives you a hammer and says "I want you to build me a church." and you decide to use it to destroy, or to build something else then you aren't doing what God wanted.>
The_Brigadier:
However, I don't understand the difference between the "spirit" and the "soul".
<I know what you mean, the Bible seems to say that there is a diffrence, as there are some verses that refer to both, as if they are two diffrent things, however I do not understand the diffrence myself. Given that I've been going to church one or two days a week for the last 30 years, you shouldn't feel bad if you have this problem.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Wed May 01, 2013 5:59 pm

BabelFish42 wrote:
Sassy_Cat wrote:I kind of have a weird way of thinking of it. I'm an atheist, but I do believe in the soul. Yet I don't follow any spiritual pull or alignment. I'm weird that way. :P
How do you define "soul"? Just curious. And that question is open to anybody who happens to read this, btw, not just Sass.

And Sass, in your case, weird = awesome ;)
Thank ya', my dear.

I think of it as the personality and memories of a person.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:31 pm

<Then here is my question for you; What happens to your soul when you die?>
<For the sake of argument let's say that there are three friends, their names are Tobias_Marco, Sassy-Cat, and Bob.>
<Tobias_Marco believes that there is a god waiting for him when he dies.>
<Sassy_Cat believes that there is no god waiting for her when she dies.>
<Bob, couldn't care less if there is a god or a soul at all, and he thinks his friends are nuts for even asking the question.>
<Now we all know that Pascal's wager is not a good enough reason to believe in any kind of god, and we can tell what will happen to each of these three people when they die if a god is real and if he (or she) is not.>
<Now Tobias_Marco says that there is a god and if you try to trick God by going to church every week and saying the right words and doing all the right things, yet not really believing that god is real, well God is smart enough to figure that out, and because you don't pledge alegence to him he sees that you want nothing to do with God, so God will give you what you want and you will be sent to the one place where God is not at.>
<What do you think will happen when you die, and what do you think of the fairness of the picture I just painted in your mind?>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20