Animorphs Trading cards

Place for Animorphs Role Playing games
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs Trading cards

Post by Spencer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 am

Sorry about the double post, but my last post is too old to edit.

I was thinking about possible event cards, and I had some interesting thoughts about a series of possible cards. 

These event cards would be titled Divine Intervention. Effect: Alter an aspect of the game. Whatever you change, your opponent may also make the same change. 

You're probably thinking that that sounds ridiculously vague. That's because it needs to be. This card would allow you to make, break, or bend any rule in the game. But because of the nature of interactions between Ellemist and Crayak, it has to balance out. 

For example, I might decide to us the card to destroy an opponent's ship, but then one of my ships gets destroyed as well. 

I could also use it to return a nothlit to play and give them their morphing power back. But my opponent could do the same. 

You can also only do things that can be matched by your opponent. You can't bring back a nothlit if your opponent has none. You can't destroy 6 of your opponent's ships if you only have 3. Everything has to balance out. 

So you couldn't use this card to take planets from you opponent, because your opponent would then take an equl number if planets from you. You could however, use it to force a trade of planets. Example: you take two planets from your opponent, then they take two from you at the same time. There isn't really a reason to do this unless perhaps differnt planets offered different bonuses. Maybe controlling the andalite homeworld makes your ships mor powerful, owning the yeerk homeworld allows your yeerks to control hosts for an extra turn, or controlling Earth gives all your human characters a will bonus.

Toominator
Gedd

Post by Toominator » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:48 am

Try this: http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It'll make it a lot easier and efficient for you. Here's a quick example I worked out:

Hypert
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Hypert » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 am

I'm sorry that I havent read most of the previous posts, but I have some suggestion:

Since this is an Animorphs "card game", whatever the other game aspects might be, there should be a clear win/lose condition.
This win/lose condition can be anything, it might be a "time limit" game where anyone who have the most of something by "15 minutes of their time to think" (like in chess), it could be a Vissers VS Animorphs all out battle, or like a post before me suggest: Crayak VS Ellimist game...

Also, Animorphs CANT be called Animorphs if they cant have "Morphing Possibility" that is they can choose which DNA they want to use, since IF Cassie is always a Wolf, there wouldnt be much different than an animal card game. (giving them certain level of difficulty to obtain another DNA is also good)

Rafe
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Rafe » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:31 am

Please don't necro-post, it was a year since the last post before you did.
This thread was long dead.