Animorphs Trading cards

Place for Animorphs Role Playing games
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
quiksilverhero
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Animorphs Trading cards

Post by quiksilverhero » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Haha. I love the creative use of a Yu-Gi-Oh trading card for an Animorph tcg card.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm

quiksilverhero wrote:Haha. I love the creative use of a Yu-Gi-Oh trading card for an Animorph tcg card.
You're right. That does look a lot like a YGO card. Then again, coming with a whole new card design for every type of card would be exceedingly tedious.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

quiksilverhero
Civilian

Post by quiksilverhero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 am

True true, I just found the new use for the YGO tcg quite funny. I think a basis for the Animorphs TCG would be a little better off using the format of let's say the Pokemon cards. The pic doesn't have to be quite so big and the space for the writing doesn't have to be as small either.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:30 pm

You know, I was working on a ROT3K TCG, but I was afraid the ghosts of those guys would be waiting in the afterlife to kick me in the 'nads. I know Pei Yuanshao is.

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI

Post by Spencer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Try googling the "Magic Set Editor." I have used the program to create custom cards. It is designed to essentially alter the magic game, but you can make adjustments and make it into something else.

This is a sample card from my Red vs Blue game (also known as RvBTCG).

TigerPounce
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by TigerPounce » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:34 pm

EDIT:

I looked around, and was on the Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker site.
Here's the page, and what I came up with.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-151362.html

KeOt777
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Animorphs TCG

Post by KeOt777 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:50 pm

ok, I don't know how an animorphs TCG would be produced, what kind of rules and else, but do you think it would be possible to expand the animorphs series into a TCG? that would expand the universe, adding andalite heroes, new characters, new aliens and else, bringing new life to the franchise, what do you think? would an animorphs TCG be possible? I'm thinking it could be based on the VS System or the Magic System, not entirely sure about the Yu Gi Oh system and I don't know any others, so, what's your opinion?

Tobias fan 101
Gedd

Post by Tobias fan 101 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:59 am

I like! I can kinda see you used a Yugio card though, and that kinda ruins it. I got a cad design on my computer! I print my cards out and give them to my friends. Won't they design?

EDIT:
Cool how about something you made, not a Yugio card? No offense. I gotnsomething, I just don't know how to show you :console:
Last edited by capnnerefir on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Grammarified! (the parts that I understood) Also, merged double post. -capnnerefir

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:57 pm

For some reason, I woke up this morning with this idea in my head. I started thinking about it and actually came up with a fairly (but not unreasonably) intricate card game. You'll probably notice a few similarities to various other card games, but as you'll see, this is extremely different (and probably more complicated). I'm going to work on making up a few cards to help you with examples, but for now, here's what I've got going on.
The Animorphs Trading Card Game
Object of the Game: There are six (6) Planet cards, each representing the homeworld of an important race: Andalite, Yeerk, Hork-Bajir, Taxxon, Earth, and Leera. At the start of the game, each player selects three of these cards. When a player has no Character cards in play, his/her opponent can attack and seize one Planet card from his/her opponent (provided that the attacker has a Character card in play). Whoever gains all 6 cards first wins.

Types of Cards
There are five (5) types of cards in the ATCG: Planet, Character, Morph, Technology, and Event.
----- Planet: Planet cards do not have any particular function other than to keep score. There are six planet cards: Andalite, Yeerk, Hork-Bajir, Taxxon, Earth, and Leera. Whoever gains control of all six planets first is the victor.
----- Character: Character cards are the cards with which players do battle. Characters possess a number of attributes that determine their effectiveness in battle.
---------- Type: Every Character has a Type, which is one of the following: Andalite, Animorph, Human, Hork-bajir, Taxxon, Leeran, or Yeerk. These Types are important mostly for Technology and Event cards. Additionally, each type comes with a special ability.
--------------- Andalite: All Andalite-type cards are automatically Morph-capable.
--------------- Animorph: All Animorph-type cards are automatically Morph-capable.
--------------- Human: Humans are adaptable and can be trained to use any Technology card.
--------------- Hork-bajir: Hork-bajir-type cards slowly regenerate life as they remain in play.
--------------- Taxxon: Taxxon-type cards can automatically destroy cards that are Class 1 and 2.
--------------- Leeran: While a Leeran-type card is in play, the owner of said card can see his/her opponent's hand at any time the owner chooses.
--------------- Yeerk: Yeerks can "Infest" an opponent's Characters and take control of them for three turns at a time. If a Character infested by a Yeerk is killed, the Yeerk is also removed from play.
---------- Class: Class refers to the physical size of a Character. Average-sized Characters are class 3.
---------- Life: How much life a Character has. When all of a Character's Life is removed, that Character is removed from play. (see Battle)
---------- Attack: How much Attack a Character has. (see Battle)
---------- Defense: How much Defense a Character has. (see Battle)
---------- Will: The Will-rating of a Character (see Morph).
---------- Description: A description of the Character - serves no practical function.
---------- Effect: Any effect the Character has in addition to effects granted by Type.
----- Morph: Morph-type cards can be equipped to Characters (see Morphing). There are various advantages to Morphs. Some are dangerous in battle (far more dangerous than most morphers), and some provide special abilities (certain Morphs allow you to see your opponent's hand).
---------- How to Morph: See Morphing.
---------- Will Rating: Every Morph has a Will-rating on it. If a Character does not meet or exceed this rating, the character struggles to gain control of the Morph and is removed from play for a number of rounds equal to the difference between the Morph's Will Rating and the Will of the Character in question. (Some Characters - like Auxiliary Animorphs - possess much higher Will than others - such as Hork-bajir). Most Morphs cannot utilize most Technology cards (though some can by virtue of special effects).
---------- Class: Class refers to the physical size of a Morph.
---------- Life: How much life a Morph has. When all of a Morph's Life is removed, that Morph is removed from play. (see Battle)
---------- Attack: How much Attack a Morph has. (see Battle)
---------- Defense: How much Defense a Morph has. (see Battle)
---------- Description: A description of the Morph - serves no practical function.
---------- Effect: Any effect the Morph has.
----- Technology: Technology cards are cards that can be equipped to Characters in order to increase Attack, Defense, or Life. (Morph-type cards also function as equipment) There are several attributes of Technology cards.
---------- Type: Technology cards have several types.
--------------- Ship: Ship-type technology cards require you to temporarily remove a certain number of Characters from play (1-5) in order to use them. Ship-type cards are usually far more powerful than ordinary Characters and more difficult to damage. (Examples include Bug fighters, Blade ships, Dome ships, etc.) Once put in play, Ships count as Characters.
--------------- Equipment: Equipment cards are attached to a single Character. These may grant simple bonuses to Attributes (i.e. Shredder increases Attack) or provide special benefits (i.e. an Escafil Device allows a Character to Morph (see Morphing), a Kandrona Generator allows a Yeerk to control another Character longer, etc.).
---------- Effect: What effect the Technology card has when equipped.
---------- Restrictions: Restrictions regarding what Characters may be equipped with a Technology card. Some types of Characters do not possess the necessary intelligence or physiology to use certain types of Technologies, so not all Characters can use all technologies.
----- Event: Event cards trigger a variety of special functions that vary widely from card-to card. Some examples include:
---------- Seerow's Kindness: Any Technology cards your opponent has equipped to a Character may now be equipped to any of your Characters.
---------- Ambush: Destroy any Ship-type cards your Opponent has in play.
---------- Ruthless Attack: You may attack characters who are Morphing or Demorphing.
---------- Elfangor's Gambit: Select one Character in play or in your hand. That Character is now Morph Capable.
---------- Acquire: Select one of your opponent's in-play Characters. One of your Morph-capable Characters may now use the selected Character as a Morph.

Battle
Battle occurs when one Character attacks another Character. It is done thusly:
* Character A attacks Character B.
* If the Attack Character A is higher than the Defense of Character B, the difference is subtracted from the Life of Character B. (if the Attack of Character A is lower than the Defense of Character B, the difference is subtracted from the Life of Character A)
* When a Character's Life reaches 0, that Character is removed from Play.

Morphing
It would not be the Animorphs Trading Card Game without Morphing. As such, Morphing (and Morphs) are very important to how the game is played. Here is how Morphing works:
----- Conditions: There are two conditions that must be met in order to morph. If both conditions are met, continue.
---------- 1.) You must have a "Morph-Capable" Character in play.
---------- 2.) You must have a Morph-type card in your hand.
----- The Morphing Process: Morphing is not quick, and the Morphing Process reflects that. It takes three turns for a Character to fully Morph. In order to keep track of the time, use the following system: When a Character first begins a morph (turn 1), place the Morph card below the Character card, with the top pointing in the 3:00 position. On the 2nd turn, rotate it so that the top is at the 6:00 position. On the 3rd turn, rotate the card to the 9:00 position. After that, the morphing process is completed. Many Characters have effects that speed up the Morphing Process.
----- Demorphing: As above, but in reverse. As a courtesy to players, a Character is removed from play while Morphing or Demorphing (Character can neither attack nor be attacked - nor defend a Planet).
----- Time-Limit After 10 full terns fully-morphed, a Character must Demorph or else they become a Nothlit.
---------- Nothlits: After five turns as a Nothlit, the instincts of the Morph take over and the Morphed Character can no longer be controlled effectively (is removed from play).

I think that's the game right there. I think I'll be making some cards if I ever have some spare time.

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI

Post by Spencer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:16 am

Some thoughts from me.

Elfangor's gambit should be something like: sacrifice an andalite, select two cards with wills greater than the andalite, those characters are now morph capable.

Some character's with exceptionaly high wills (like Tobias) should be able to function for more turns (maybe even indefinately) as a nothlit.

Just my suggestions.