Want to make an Animorph RPG???

Place for Animorphs Role Playing games
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Want to make an Animorph RPG???

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:27 am

Torrents are not always full of viruses. A lot of the time, antivirus programs get confused and think that some things in the torrent are viruses when they are not - particularly installers. False positives are getting more and more common. Windows 7 thinks that my flash drive is a virus, for one thing. That's because it wants to install a program on any computer it's plugged into - it asks permission first, though.

Yeah, some torrents have viruses. But a lot don't. Most torrents are made by people who just want to spread the love - or pirated software/dvd/whatever. You have to be careful when torrenting, but it is not something that's inherently unsafe. Just check the comments on a torrent before downloading - if there's a virus in there, someone will have mentioned it.

SilverWindX1
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by SilverWindX1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:36 pm

That would be awesome. Btw, Neomorphs looks like a really cool game and I wanna play it.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:26 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Yeah, some torrents have viruses. But a lot don't. Most torrents are made by people who just want to spread the love - or pirated software/dvd/whatever. You have to be careful when torrenting, but it is not something that's inherently unsafe. Just check the comments on a torrent before downloading - if there's a virus in there, someone will have mentioned it.
And if its exceptionally good someone also would have commented. http://torrentz.eu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a great site for finding good torrentz. *Cough*not that I've been there*Cough*
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

skyper17
Gedd

Post by skyper17 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Goldensungod wrote:I wouldn't use torrents they always take forever to download and they are full of viruses.
I use torents for large files from aproved sources. like ubuntu.com torrents are fine you just need to look out and have an antivirus. :)
--Team Tobias!-- Image

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Post by loosonghan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 am

alexdwsn12 wrote:
I wouldn't use torrents they always take forever to download and they are full of viruses.
Yes, i am totally agreed with you. Because i have used torrents and i have faced this same problem about viruses. So any other idea to download?
what is a torrent
What about anti virus?
When life throws you lemons...
Keep them, cause they are free

A journey of a thousand miles begin with a step...
On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!

Reidmere
Civilian

Post by Reidmere » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 pm

To be honest, as computers is my main job, if you run into viruses from torrents, you just don't know enough about computers.
That's not exactly a criticism, it's just stating that fact. Here's a tip if you're looking through torrents:

Usually, most viruses are just the SAME file, named after whatever you searched for.
Best bet is to look at the file size before you download. So, an MP3 would almost never be below 2-3MB.
A program would very seldom be under 20MB. For a complex program like a game maker, if it's compressed, it could range from 50-300MB.
I've never used the program your speaking of to be honest, but that's because there's many flaws with the way the system gets designed when automated.

If you really want a good Animorphs game, look at the next topic down in this forum, started by me.
But due to what seems like a lack of interest in this, and little feedback/ideas, I'm probably going to just start designing a Zoids MMO instead.
If you're interested in either one, let me know. But to level with you; and I'm not trying to sound like a tool here:

A normal person with little programming knowledge would almost never be able to use a program like that to make a decent game for a series like this:
Even the design I came up in my topic is only like 2% of the design needed to make a game. You need a crew with at least one programmer to know how to cut around the edges of AI and the seemingly stalemates that a program like that can put you into.

I wouldn't be against UTILIZING that program to make a game, but making a game simply based off that, with little to know programming knowledge, even if it's a dream for you, is unobtainable... I'm telling you this not to shatter your dreams, but to tell you to play them more wisely.
Owner/Administrator of Alternate Gaming Network
Music remixes, private servers, and soon, a cosplay gallery.

Also, considering making a Animorph-based MMO. Please visit this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4788