Mafia

Forum Games!
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Mafia

Post by Snoopy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:28 am

Please View This Post For Latest Game Info

Anyone up for a game of Mafia?

If you don’t know how to play, I can post the rules. But before you agree play, you have to make sure you’ll be able to log on and post at least once a day, for at least a week.

We need at least six people. If you’d like to play or need the rules, just post.

THE RULES OF MAFIA
Here are the rules for Mafia. For those of you who haven’t played before, it’s a very fun game, but it does require that you log onto the sight and post at least once a day. I’ve switched some of the names around a little bit to fit with the theme of this forum.

This game is structured with a day/night cycle. We’ll play this game real time, with a twelve hour day period and a twelve-hour night period.

Day begins at:
- 12:00 PM, Greenwich Mean Time
- 9:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time
- 6:00 AM, Mountain Standard Time
- 6:00 PM, Indian Standard Time

Night begins at:
- 12:00 AM, Greenwich Mean Time
- 9:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time
- 6:00 PM, Mountain Standard Time
- 6:00 AM, Indian Standard Time

There are five basic types of players in the game.
  • Citizen
  • Controller
  • Chee
  • Animorph
  • Moderator (That’s me, at least for the first round)

I will Private Message each player, telling each person what his or her role is. The type of player you are must remain secret to all the other players in the game, with a few exceptions.

For citizens and Animorphs, the goal of the game is to kill of all the controllers before they kill you.

For controllers, the goal of the game is to eliminate all of the citizens and Animorphs before they find out who you are and kill you.

For chee, the goal of the game is to save the would-be victims.

What you do during the game depends entirely on your role.
  • Controllers are the “bad guys” in the game. During the night period, the controller, (or controllers) discuss amongst themselves and decide on a certain player to kill. Once they decide, they PM the moderator with their decision. This must all take place during the night period.
  • Animorphs are the “good guys”. During the night period, the Animorph, (or Animorphs) discuss amongst themselves about who they think is a controller. They PM me with their guess. If that person is a controller, he/she is attacked by the Animorphs, and eliminated from the game. If that person is innocent, nothing happens. Again, this must all take place during the night period.
  • The Chee are essentially big fluffy dog creatures that... are the "doctors" of the game. During the night period, the doctor, (or doctors) discuss amongst themselves who they think the killer will attack, they can pick themselves. Once they have decided they will pm the moderator with their decision. The person they pick will gain immunity from dieing for that night. Once again, this must all take place during the night period.
  • The citizens are the uninformed innocents. They get to do stuff during the daytime period. Each day, the citizens find out who was killed the night before. Then everyone (including the Controllers and Animorphs) gets to discuss on who they think the controller is. During this time, everyone PM’s me with a vote on whom they think is guilty. Whoever gets the most votes is killed off, and eliminated from the game. All votes must be submitted before nighttime begins.
In order to participate, you must enable Private Messaging. The number of Animorphs, Controllers and Chee that we have will depend on how many people we have.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mafia

Post by Ellimist » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:57 am

I'm interested. :)
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:03 am

Great! Now all we need is five more people…

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:59 am

Me too! Rules please?
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Here are the rules for Mafia. For those of you who haven’t played before, it’s a very fun game, but it does require that you log onto the sight and post at least once a day. I’ve switched some of the names around a little bit to fit with the theme of this forum.

This game is structured with a day/night cycle. We’ll play this game real time, with a twelve hour day period and a twelve-hour night period.

Day begins at:
- 12:00 PM, Greenwich Mean Time
- 9:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time
- 6:00 AM, Mountain Standard Time
- 6:00 PM, Indian Standard Time

Night begins at:
- 12:00 AM, Greenwich Mean Time
- 9:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time
- 6:00 PM, Mountain Standard Time
- 6:00 AM, Indian Standard Time

There are five basic types of players in the game.
  • Citizen
  • Controller
  • Chee
  • Animorph
  • Moderator (That’s me, at least for the first round)

I will Private Message each player, telling each person what his or her role is. The type of player you are must remain secret to all the other players in the game, with a few exceptions.

For citizens and Animorphs, the goal of the game is to kill of all the controllers before they kill you.

For controllers, the goal of the game is to eliminate all of the citizens and Animorphs before they find out who you are and kill you.

For chee, the goal of the game is to save the would-be victims.

What you do during the game depends entirely on your role.
  • Controllers are the “bad guys” in the game. During the night period, the controller, (or controllers) discuss amongst themselves and decide on a certain player to kill. Once they decide, they PM the moderator with their decision. This must all take place during the night period.
  • Animorphs are the “good guys”. During the night period, the Animorph, (or Animorphs) discuss amongst themselves about who they think is a controller. They PM me with their guess. If that person is a controller, he/she is attacked by the Animorphs, and eliminated from the game. If that person is innocent, nothing happens. Again, this must all take place during the night period.
  • The Chee are essentially big fluffy dog creatures that... are the "doctors" of the game. During the night period, the doctor, (or doctors) discuss amongst themselves who they think the killer will attack, they can pick themselves. Once they have decided they will pm the moderator with their decision. The person they pick will gain immunity from dieing for that night. Once again, this must all take place during the night period.
  • The citizens are the uninformed innocents. They get to do stuff during the daytime period. Each day, the citizens find out who was killed the night before. Then everyone (including the Controllers and Animorphs) gets to discuss on who they think the controller is. During this time, everyone PM’s me with a vote on whom they think is guilty. Whoever gets the most votes is killed off, and eliminated from the game. All votes must be submitted before nighttime begins.
In order to participate, you must enable Private Messaging. The number of Animorphs, Controllers and Chee that we have will depend on how many people we have.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Slightly confusing, but I think I get it...The first round can be like a trial round right?

Say I'm a Controller.
How do I know who the other controllers are?
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ellimist » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:30 pm

darkflame91 wrote:Say I'm a Controller.
How do I know who the other controllers are?
I think that a controller will know who the other controllers are. Same with the Animorphs. I'm saying this because
mrchuckles wrote:During the night period, the controller, (or controllers) discuss amongst themselves and decide on a certain player to kill.
mrchuckles wrote:During the night period, the Animorph, (or Animorphs) discuss amongst themselves about who they think is a controller.