Keep getting logged out.

Please report any bugs you have found in AFF here
AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Keep getting logged out.

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:04 am

Ok, this is definitely the first i've had any major problems with AFF. For some reason, every few minutes, i'm logged out of of account. I've mostly noticed about 5 minutes after staying idle. Also, i face this problem only when using IE8. Right now, i'm on Safari, it's working perfectly. Can't comment on the other browsers, since Firefox doesn't run on my comp (slows down my comp drastically, and doesn't even work) (since update), Chrome doesn't run ( The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on Ok to terminate.), and i don't like Opera.
This problem has also extended to the Chat room, i get logged out as soon as it starts to load.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Keep getting logged out.

Post by Ellimist » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Problems like these can be generally attributed to cookies.
  • Open IE8 and press Ctrl+Shift+Delete. Uncheck "Preserve Favourites website data", check "Cookies", and click on "Delete".
  • Now, go to AFF. You will find out that you have been logged out. Now log in checking the "Log me in automatically" box.
  • Next time you use the chat, if it asks you to (re)log-in, don't do that; just refresh the page and you'll be logged into chat automatically.
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 am

Ok, i did that. While it DID help with the getting logged out part in the forums, i'm still rarely ever able to access the chat....
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:33 am

Do you mean you keep getting logged out of chat?