A greeting, if anyone is here to see it.

New to Animorphs Fan Forum? Post here to let us know! Or leave us a note if you are going to be inactive.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BigBarrelsBenny
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

A greeting, if anyone is here to see it.

Post by BigBarrelsBenny » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:07 am

My Name is Ben.
I can't tell you my last name, or where I live, because I don't want to. Anyway I discovered this forum while browsing the interwebs for Animorphs stuff. I first picked up #43. The Test when I was about 9 at a library because I thought the cover was the coolest thing I had ever seen in my life :good: . I read the book, and while I had no comprehension of the mythos, it was one of the best books I had ever read. After that, I flitted between libraries, reading whatever Animorphs I could find and it wasn't until a couple of years later that I decided to begin anew and read the series from #1 to #54, though it was some time before I got my hands on all the companion books (especially The Andalite Chronicles and Visser). I was in love, it was and still is the greatest book series I had ever read. After reading the series from front to back twice, I abandoned my crusade at age 14, though I bought #1,2,3 and 5 of the re-release, and #4 from a book sale at my primary school library. Fast forward a few years, to 17 year old me. Though I had read a few Animorphs fanfiction, and had read my collection of 1-5 about a billion times, my Animorph days were mostly forgotten. Then a couple of weeks ago, starved of reading material, my 9 year old brother entered my room and asked for a book to read 8-) (see where this is going?). So I bust out The Invasion and he demolishes it, until two weeks later my small collection was exhausted and my passion reignited (we read them together mostly). I raced to the website of my local library to place a hold on #6 and 7 for him and got 6 alright but then discovered that the library had either scrapped or sold almost all of the other books :shock: :? :wall: :cray: . Distraught, I trawled the internet for a way to read the books digitally, and had almost given up when I discovered the RAF archive of every book. Salvation! :D

With my quest complete, I dove back into the world of Animorphs, reading character guides, fanfics, everything. I even sought out the TV series in all its glorious failure (I gave up fairly quickly on that search). My travels led me here, a forum that seems relatively abandoned though I thought I would try my luck at posting here and seeing if anyone regularly visits here.

Peace out.
"Earth's defenders never surrender! It's Morphing time!"
-Jake, probably

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Re: A greeting, if anyone is here to see it.

Post by Ramona » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Welcome, Ben! Yes, this forum is a bit of the ghost town but you will find that there are still some regulars.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

BigBarrelsBenny
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: A greeting, if anyone is here to see it.

Post by BigBarrelsBenny » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:15 am

Yeah, I've been browsing the site for a bit and I noticed the state of it, but I'll stick around for a bit to see how it goes.
"Earth's defenders never surrender! It's Morphing time!"
-Jake, probably