Greetings, Fellow Aninerds!

New to Animorphs Fan Forum? Post here to let us know! Or leave us a note if you are going to be inactive.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Dreissea
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Greetings, Fellow Aninerds!

Post by Dreissea » Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

I just rediscovered Animorphs as I was organizing my basement, and I found a box with my collection of all the books inside. I have my daughter reading through them, and have begun re-reading them myself. I decided to do some searching online, and was pleasantly surprised that there is a forum with very current posts! I first started reading the Animorphs books over 20 years ago when I was in the 4th grade, and they really hooked me. I remember pretending to be an Animorph as a child, and any animal I happened to see was one of my fellow Animorphs in morph. Those books became the only friends I had, and I actually became deeply involved with the characters...caring for them as if they were real people. I remember when it appeared that David had killed Tobias, and I actually went into a full-blown depression. Then the joy when the next book came out the following month and I discovered that he had lived. :lol2: These books were a HUGE part of my childhood, and it's great to see that this series still have a following, despite the successes of books like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Re: Greetings, Fellow Aninerds!

Post by Ramona » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi! I got to say I love your profile picture. Is your daughter enjoying the books as much as you did? The books have a special place in my heart, as cheesy as that sounds. To follow the cheese, they were also the books to cement my love of writing fiction. I remember reading the books (specifically the emotional-turmoil ones) and remember thinking 'this is why I want to write. I want to affect people like this' because apparently I'm a cruel person.

Hopefully you will continue posting on here. Also, wow, the whole collection? So jealous, unfortunately, I discovered the series after they stopped printing so I never been able to own the entire series.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?