You're new and you don't know what to say for those first 5?

New to Animorphs Fan Forum? Post here to let us know! Or leave us a note if you are going to be inactive.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: You're new and you don't know what to say for those firs

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:39 pm

<I don't want to give too much away without spoilers, however I will do my best.>
<In the Animorphs discussion area there is a topic asking if you have a least favorite narrator. In that topic I list all the Cassie books and give a one or two line description of each book.>
<I didn't really want to call any of them fillers, however that is kind of what I did.>
<If you read every Cassie book back to back without reading any of the others you will find that only two of them add anything to the series as a whole, or really give her any growth as a character, those books are 4 and 50, the first Cassie book and the last Cassie book.>
<The fact that #39: The Hidden is a Cassie book already earns it a bit of hate from some Animorph readers, more on that in other topics.>
<That being said it is much more about what happens in the book; without giving too much away the Animorphs play a game of keep-away with the Yeerks. Cassie starts out with the SOMETHING, and has to run with it, and she keeps the SOMETHING all throughout the book, never handing it off for more then a minute. No matter how tired she gets. If it were me I would want to sit down and rest for a bit and give someone else a turn.>
<Cassie starts off with the SOMETHING, then when she gets tired she passes the SOMETHING off to Rachel, who runs with it for about an hour and a half, then passes it to Jake, who runs with it, then passes it off to Marco, who then passes it off to Tobias, who then passes it off to Ax.>
<If each Animorph has the SOMETHING for 1.5 hours and there are 6 of them, that means that it takes nine hours to get through the cycle. I run with the SOMETHING for 1.5 hours, then rest for 7.5 hours, before my turn comes up again. During that time all the others are trying to find a better way of hiding the SOMETHING.>
<There are a lot of other problems with this book, lets just say that there is no reason to read this book unless you want to earn your "I've read them all" merit badge, or you want to see just how low the Animorph books can go that it deserves this much fan hate.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

totemster
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by totemster » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Post #1 of 5! Trying to rediscover my love of these books by putting the collection on my Nook. My name is Rachel... not that Rachel ;)

geoff
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by geoff » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:04 am

It is great that exists.

My name is Geoff and i read the first 20 or so before my mum deemed yghem to childish for me being 13. Well guess what mum.., I'm 26 now and make my own choices. Hahahahahaha.

jspainhonaker
Gedd

Post by jspainhonaker » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:13 am

My name's Jordan. Not sure what else to say except that I was unable to read all the books and am now attempting to rediscover this great series.

Huzzak
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Huzzak » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:34 pm

I was really into the Animorphs when I was younger. Last year I downloaded all of the books from the RAF site and read through the series. Well, I got to book 39 and then sort of gave up. Part of it was the later books not being as good, but mostly it was the quality of the ebooks. I spent some time with Calibre fixing up some of the books but sort of gave up. I heard on Reddit that there is a project to fix up all of the books. If any help is still needed with that I'd love to volunteer!

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 am

<Thank you all for coming, it is wonderful to have you all here.>
<I can't wait until you have all made at least 2000 posts!>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Josh13905
Gedd

Post by Josh13905 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:36 am

So wow, I guess this is me introducing myself! I'm Josh (if you didn't read my name for some reason).

I got into the series as a kid in middle school, about a decade ago now (wow that long) But the problem was that our school library had a mishmash or books, so I'd read whatever I could, but suffered from not knowing the inbetween events.

Well, you wouldn't believe my surprise to find that the books had such a big following here online! So it's good to meet you all!

Zooboss
Gedd

Post by Zooboss » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Hello, I'm Zooboss. I can't give you my first name because with modern technology even that will let them find me. Who's them? Well, I'm sure if you're reading this you can figure it out. :D

I got into the series when I was maybe 7/8 years old but could only find the first 30ish books in the local library and over the years convinced my parents to take me the bigger, further away library just to find the rest of the books. Still haven't found anything beyond the first book with James...

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Welcome to the forum, Josh!
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

windchimes098
Gedd

Post by windchimes098 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:42 pm

newbie, was recommended to the series via other readers and fans on tumblr! still on my first readthrough, and the place I'd been downloading e-pubs from stopped working :(( bummed but hopefully I can continue from where I left off (the predator)