People who sign up and only make 5 posts

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
JapanimeWjll
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: People who sign up and only make 5 posts

Post by JapanimeWjll » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:49 am

perhaps increase the requirements? like, you would need to be a member for week before being able to download, or maybe five comments PER download?

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Hm, not a bad idea.
Also, welcome to the forum, Japanime! :D
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Ayyronio
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Ayyronio » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:36 am

The amount of time is probably a good one. For instance, setting a limit of a member for a week and at least 25 posts during that time or something? Again; that just makes them have to stick around and actually look at the forum for a longer amount of time which would probably help to keep them actually here.

On the same token; if they just want the ebooks, you can set as many limits as you want and they'll just do it, get the ebooks, and evaporate! This forum is actually one of the last few places to get the ebooks because Scholastic has shut down the other places.

barleygirl
Gedd

Post by barleygirl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:58 am

... You can download the e-books after you make five posts?? *runs off to investigate*

Quagthistle
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Quagthistle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:56 pm

The problem is that there are probably millions of forums out there, to say nothing of social media, and many people DO come here because they want Animorphs eBooks, can't buy them (because Amazon only sells a shockingly depressing 9 out of 54 books (to say nothing of things like the Chronicles, Megamorphs, and Alternamorphs books). Personally, I'm annoyed that I have to post 5 times just to download eBooks of a series I already own, a series I would have paid for, had it been availible as a complete set at a decent price (preferably on Amazon). Several other download places have been C&Ded into oblivion (which seems stupid to me, since Scholastic abandoned the series after 8 reprints, thus downloads both give them free publicity and cost them no sales, since the books have been out of print for over a decade - Scholastic probably looses FAR more Animorphs sales to second-hand bookstores and Ebay than to downloads).

What Scholastic should have done, if you ask me, is sell the books in 6 boxsets of 9 + a "Bonus" (and each boxset coming with a code to download the eBook versions of the books in the boxset directly from either Amazon or Scholastic) for $50 per set:
Boxset #1: Books #1-9 + Megamorphs #1
Boxset #2: Books #10-18 + Alternamorphs #1 & #2 & Hork-Bajir Chronicles
Boxset #3: Books #19-27 + Megamorphs #2
Boxset #4: Books #28-36 + Megamorphs #3 & Visser Chronicles
Boxset #5: Books #37-45 + Megamorphs #4
Boxset #6: Books #46-54 + Andalite Chronicles & Ellimist Chronicles

People would have been FAR more likely to buy these than to embark on the "adventure" of buying 64 books a-la-carte. This, unfortunately, is not what Scholastic did. They got greedy, and it bit them in the behind. So, rather than make $300 in sales off people who like the series and would pay that much to have the eBooks from an official source, they get nothing but another defunct series and fans go to the internet to find a free download. That, frankly, is why I came. I just want to be able to read through the series without reading my dusty old copies from the 90s. I, like many others who come here, am not interested in acquiring yet another forum account. I'm already a member of dozens of Forums, and I check a grand total of none of them regularly. That's why I have Facebook, after all.

So, there you have it, the perspective of the opposing side in this. Not everyone wants to go around checking dozens of forums every day, and, though I like Animorphs, I also like a lot of other things, such Pokemon, Marine Mammals (especially Pinnepeds), Doctor Who, ClickCritters, Star Trek (TNG & Voyager), MLP:FiM, Crash Course (YouTube), Unicorns, Cute Dragons, Redwall, Narnia, Young Wizards (by Diane Duane), music by Eclipse, Vocal Point, Cherie Call, and Katherine Nelson, to name just a few of my many interests. I'm not going to go around checking a seperate forum for each and every thing I've ever liked, especially when I can "like" them on Facebook and have any news from any of my interests displayed for me on Facebook every time I go there.

~Quaggy

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 pm

First of all, well-said, Quagthistle. Second, I'd love a 20-post limit to show that you're really dedicated.
(Says the guy that made around 50 posts in a week.)
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

AliciaYang78
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by AliciaYang78 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Wait... so you have to make five or more comments before you can download the ebooks???

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:27 pm

In response to Quagthisle, there are already plenty of places to download the eBooks online. In fact, I think the eBooks that you can download from RAF without having to even make an account are the exact same as the ones on here. The way I see it, this website is a community first and foremost, and the eBooks are just a bit of an incentive.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

AliciaYang78
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by AliciaYang78 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 pm

I personally came here because I wanted to read the last 5 books of the series. My school library had the first 49 books, but not the last 5!!! I searched the Alameda County Library and the Milpitas Library and found that they only had The Absolute and The Answer, respectively. In response to gh astly, what are a few places you can download the eBooks because the last time I tried to download the eBooks from a website, I basically gave my computer a virus!?

I don't know why I'm making this suggestion because I'm here for the eBooks, but I need my 5 (or 10) posts. You could make make it so you have to make 5 posts to get one eBook.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Richard's Animorphs Forum (coincidentally, a place I've been spending a lot of time on) has a place on their website to download the books. Just look up "Richard's Animorphs Forum downloads" on Google and you should find the page. :)