Forum ranking discussion

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Forum ranking discussion

Post by Ellimist » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:22 am

Please post your suggestions about the forum ranks in this topic.
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

neo_natasha

Re: Forum ranking!

Post by neo_natasha » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:41 am

I suggest adding an animorph theme to the ranks.. No fun in having normal ones..

LIke eerks, androids , grizzly and so on.. i will tell more later once i refresh myself about animorphs..

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ellimist » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:39 am

neo_natasha wrote:I suggest adding an animorph theme to the ranks.. No fun in having normal ones..

LIke eerks, androids , grizzly and so on.. i will tell more later once i refresh myself about animorphs..
Even I was thinking about Animorphs-themed ranks, but my exams will be starting from 15th and I didn't have time to make up the ranks. It would be great if you could make up some Animorphs-themed ranks and post them here. :)

PS : Even Khistij said he would make up some ranks, but he didn't post anything. Perhaps he also is busy with studies.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:53 am

hey, how about
Ellimist
Pemalite
Andalite
Human
Taxon
Hork-Bajir
in terms of civilization advancement or whatever...
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

neo_natasha

Post by neo_natasha » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:07 am

Yeah thats also good.. But rite now i can only recollect Hork bajir something.. Its been years since iread animorphs .. its 8 years i think.. So i dont remember most of the names.. All i know is aximili isagorouth somethin.. rachel grizzly eerks andalites... I dont remember anything else ...

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ellimist » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:47 am

darkflame91 wrote:hey, how about
Ellimist
Pemalite
Andalite
Human
Taxon
Hork-Bajir
That's great, but I was thinking more like Andalite ranks, like Aristh to begin with and ending with Commander or something...
Let everyone post their suggestions, then we'll have a poll to decide which system of ranks will be put up..

tobias_cool
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by tobias_cool » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:26 pm

Ellimist wrote:
darkflame91 wrote:hey, how about
Ellimist
Pemalite
Andalite
Human
Taxon
Hork-Bajir
That's great, but I was thinking more like Andalite ranks, like Aristh to begin with and ending with Commander or something...
Let everyone post their suggestions, then we'll have a poll to decide which system of ranks will be put up..
Yeah! I think that's right. I'll go for Ellimist!!!!!!
Tomorrow is an empty canvass, white and spacious, full of promise, what will you paint on it?

http://thereformedprocrastinator.blogspot.com

Sadaf Imam
Civilian

Post by Sadaf Imam » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 am

Yea. Andalite ranks would be cool.
Tobias.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ellimist » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:15 am

Andalite Culture and Government(From Wikipedia)
Andalite government, headed by the Electorate, functions on pillars of honor and respect, pride in culture as well as self. However, these noble characteristics are accompanied by others that seem surprisingly backwards in the eyes of species they consider evolutionarily inferior: arrogance, inflexibility, sexism, and an atrocious attitude towards the disabled, whom they label vecols and treat as outcasts. Although males and females have a higher societal equality in Andalite society than they did in Earth's past, gender roles are nevertheless strictly defined, with males strongly encouraged to enter the Andalite military, while the females remain in civilian, vocational roles, specializing themselves in arts and pure sciences. Andalite recreation includes a sport called driftball, as well as tail-fighting for sport.

Working down the chain of command from the Electorate are the Princes, the basic, personal leadership role. Every warrior must have a prince, and is expected to report only to that one Prince. A Prince will have one or more arisths, or cadets, under him. According to Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill, in Andalite culture, every individual is supposed to be subordinate to another, with the Electorate in turn being chosen by the people. Even military matters are controlled by the public, as warriors can present a "challenge" to any action a superior wishes to make, which would result in a trial where the people decide the outcome. However, during the Yeerk war, the Electorate became increasingly deaf and blind to the war, and independent Princes began to take direct control of the entire war effort. Prince Alloran-Semitur-Corass attempted to wipe out the entire Hork-Bajir race, and as a result eliminating the Yeerk's main troops, by using a quantum virus; the Andalite military had been ready to obliterate the human population through a 'Quarantine', that would have wiped out almost the entire human population, in order to starve the Yeerk empire of hosts.

The Andalite civilian government is rarely referred to, if it even exists; it is known that the military is run by the Andalite High Command, the members of whom are called "Great Leaders". A "Council" is also mentioned, but it is unclear if this is military or not.
From this and #18 The Decision, the Andalite ranks which I can get are :

Andalite Great Leader
Andalite Commander
Andalite Prince
Andalite Warrior
Andalite Tactical Officer
Andalite Aristh(Cadet)
Andalite Civilian

Please say if you like these or not.