On the 5 post requirement

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: On the 5 post requirement

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:32 pm

steamphunk wrote:Like Zebalithe, I joined to download the ebooks. But there is more to this forum than just free things: it's a place for people of similar interests to congregate and converse. I have not posted much but I do try to check in every once in a while. I feel like this is a little community of people who, once shared a common goal for free downloads, but now mostly are here for the other people.

As for the 5 post requirement, it is very reasonable. I remember being a member of this other forum where you had to reach a certain title before you could gain access to some of the downloadables they had.
Excellent way to put it. I think I value the community on here at least as much as the free downloads. I've been an Animorphs fan for 16 years, but I never met another Animorphs fan in real life (with one exception) until I discovered this online community. It's awesome. I never realized there were so many people out there who love the books as much as I do.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

wonga
Civilian

Post by wonga » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:37 pm

[EDIT] I feel that a point worth making is that posts should be approved (or otherwise) in about a 24 hour window. Glad mine finally went through! Excited to be here.

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Post by loosonghan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:12 am

Snoopy wrote:The reason for the five post limit is that we don’t want people hitching a free ride and downloading the ebooks from our server. We want you to contribute at least five meaningful posts to our forum. After that, if you decide you like it and stick around, great! If not, you never have to post again.

And we will not tolerate spamming on our boards. Thanks.
Agreed. :D
When life throws you lemons...
Keep them, cause they are free

A journey of a thousand miles begin with a step...
On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!

AniXena
Gedd

Post by AniXena » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm just wondering if there will be a point where there wont be mods available to approve the posts to go though. I'm just worried because I did make five (if not more! ) nice posts, but there havent been any mods on within the last day, and I was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally looking forward to those books man...

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Sorry about the wait. Sometimes we get caught up with other things and don't have time to drop by to approve posts.

Salad Shooter
Aristh
Aristh

Post by Salad Shooter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Capnnerefir! You still exist? Are you ever going to finish the Neomorphs series?

Amealeo
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Amealeo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 am

I'm one the fence on this topic. I didn't come to post I came to read. But I'll do it if I can read.

EDIT 1:No they say very clearly in the contract that if ppl try to spam it will be read and deleted.

EDIT 2: I gotta say it was pretty smart to add all five post one the one topic we all seem to care about most. Having to make five posts. I'm going to give this a chance.

EDIT 3:I gotta say it was pretty smart to add all five post one the one topic we all seem to care about most. Having to make five posts. I'm going to give this a chance. It's crazy that they have a timer on how fast u can post though. I guess it would all be from the same person if they didn't. Oh well.

EDIT 4: Only because so many of u are making since am I going to continue to post on this thing. For the record I had an account before and I was able to read without all this drama. Just hurry with my stories I say.

EDIT 5: Only because so many of u are making since am I going to continue to post on this thing. For the record I had an account before and I was able to read without all this drama. Just hurry with my stories I say. Further more is there a place on here where we can see just how many posts we have made. I would just look rather than ask but I'm stalling for time so I can submit this post lol.

EDIT 6: Why does my posts say that I haven't posted any posts when I have? Now I'm about to get mad cause this should be my fifth for crying out loud!
Last edited by capnnerefir on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a bunchy of posts together. 8D

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Salad Shooter wrote:Capnnerefir! You still exist? Are you ever going to finish the Neomorphs series?
Of course I still exist. I've just come down with a terminal illness known as growing up. Work keeps me occupied, sadly, and I don't come by here as often as I should. As far as Neomorphs...we'll have to see. I was taking a break to work on professional pieces. That break has turned into two novels, so it's longer than I expected to be away from it. God, it must have been over a year since I last wrote one of those stories. Maybe I will get back to that soon.
Amealeo wrote:For the record I had an account before and I was able to read without all this drama.
We didn't used to have this requirement. However, at one point, Scholastic decided that they didn't like us making the books available to the general public, but they were fine with it as long as we put up some barriers - thus our posting requirement.

Considering that we are giving away 60+ out-of-circulation books for absolutely no charge, I think making a basic contribution to a discussion about them is a small price to pay. And who knows, you might just decide to stick around. That's how I got here.
Amealeo wrote:Further more is there a place on here where we can see just how many posts we have made.
Your post count is displayed under your name, in your miniprofile to the right of any post you've made, right under the little escafil devices.
Amealeo wrote:Why does my posts say that I haven't posted any posts when I have?
It doesn't count posts that haven't been approved yet. 8D

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 am

capnnerefir wrote: Of course I still exist. I've just come down with a terminal illness known as growing up.
Yikes. I hear there's no cure for that one. My condolences, man. I'm beginning to show symptoms too. But this whole adult thing does have its perks, at least.
capnnerefir wrote: Work keeps me occupied, sadly, and I don't come by here as often as I should. As far as Neomorphs...we'll have to see. I was taking a break to work on professional pieces. That break has turned into two novels, so it's longer than I expected to be away from it. God, it must have been over a year since I last wrote one of those stories. Maybe I will get back to that soon.
Honestly, I'm actually more interested in reading your professional stuff. I sincerely hope you manage to get published sometime soon.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Salad Shooter
Aristh
Aristh

Post by Salad Shooter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 pm

capnnerefir wrote: Of course I still exist. I've just come down with a terminal illness known as growing up.
I got the same thing! but it seems to be in remission for now ;)