On the 5 post requirement

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TobiasMasonPark
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: On the 5 post requirement

Post by TobiasMasonPark » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:27 am

I disagree with this five post requirement, though maybe I'm a tad biased. I've only registered for an account on two forums, so I don't know if this post requirement is a common thing. I just know that my other forum doesn't have either a post count requirement, or the ebooks. I don't know how you guys managed to keep them on here without Scholastic throwing a hissy.

Daphnia
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Daphnia » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:23 am

oh c'mon people! you want something for free, you get it here. the ONLY requirement os to post 5 meaningful posts. it wouldn't take you forever. as long as you speak and understand english, how hard could it be? Idk about other forums, but as an animorph fan I surely don't mind joining the forum and posting 5 posts!!!!!

If you'te too lazy to even do that, go find the ebooks somewhere else or buy it on amazon or something.

and I love it that we don't have any spam here, or people posting ads (at least I haven't encounter one). spammers are like flies, they fly in your face and makes you want to mercilessly kill them.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 am

Daphnia wrote:and I love it that we don't have any spam here, or people posting ads (at least I haven't encounter one). spammers are like flies, they fly in your face and makes you want to mercilessly kill them.
We do get a bit of spam, but due to the 5 post thing, it gets zapped before anyone sees it :)
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Elfangor wrote:
Daphnia wrote:and I love it that we don't have any spam here, or people posting ads (at least I haven't encounter one). spammers are like flies, they fly in your face and makes you want to mercilessly kill them.
We do get a bit of spam, but due to the 5 post thing, it gets zapped before anyone sees it :)
All thanks to our dutiful moderators. :)
Image Image Image Image

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:31 am

Sorry to bring back this thread, but I just want to say that the only thing I don't like about the 5 post thing is the wait to get your posts approved. I just joined last night, and I posted at least 5 posts then, and I'm still waiting for any of them to get approved.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:44 pm

<That is a problem, and to address this we do have a few more users who can approve posts.>
<Also for those who don't know what to post for their first 5 we do have a topic listing some of the more popular topics that can raise your postcount.>
<Just so you know I did download the ebooks, but I didn't read them, I aalready have the paperback ones.>
<I just got the ebooks so that I could, and because I thought they might prove useful if I ever wrote a fan fic.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Muddslinger88
Gedd

Post by Muddslinger88 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 am

If making 5 post lets me download AM then I'm down haha I'm new to the site and have no prob reading the many interesting threads and plus reading the series is a huge bonus.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Tobias_Marco wrote:<That is a problem, and to address this we do have a few more users who can approve posts.>
<Also for those who don't know what to post for their first 5 we do have a topic listing some of the more popular topics that can raise your postcount.>
<Just so you know I did download the ebooks, but I didn't read them, I aalready have the paperback ones.>
<I just got the ebooks so that I could, and because I thought they might prove useful if I ever wrote a fan fic.>
I don't have all the paperbacks to begin with, and the ones I do have are with my sister in another city. So I'm super glad to have the ebooks in case I ever feel like rereading them. I thought I'd never see some of those books again; finding the ebooks was like being reacquainted with a long lost childhood best friend. :) Thanks AFF! You guys rock.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Zebalithe
Civilian

Post by Zebalithe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:44 am

I'll admit that I joined to see what ebooks are here, but I'm hoping I'll be up to the challenge of contributing something meaningful to the forum, though I don't know what that might be. As for the five post requirement, I think I've made more than five posts (though I doubt any of them are meaningful),and I'm still waiting for approval. I suppose there must be thousands of members posting thousands of messages each day. I hope there are thousands of moderators to keep up with the load. You're doing a good job, guys. :good:

P.S. I have to say, I really love the smilies. :D

steamphunk
Civilian

Post by steamphunk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 am

Like Zebalithe, I joined to download the ebooks. But there is more to this forum than just free things: it's a place for people of similar interests to congregate and converse. I have not posted much but I do try to check in every once in a while. I feel like this is a little community of people who, once shared a common goal for free downloads, but now mostly are here for the other people.

As for the 5 post requirement, it is very reasonable. I remember being a member of this other forum where you had to reach a certain title before you could gain access to some of the downloadables they had.
What use is fighting when you have nothing to fight for?