A little bit too much spam?

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Zealous Veil
Aristh
Aristh

A little bit too much spam?

Post by Zealous Veil » Mon May 26, 2008 9:06 pm

As of late, I've kinda been seeing an excess of useless posts in the Coffee Lounge section. Now of course, the section is mainly used for topics that do not fit the main gist of the forum, which is Animorphs. However, there are threads existing in the section that surpass the realm of general chat, mainly useless threads that clog up the section, or threads asking questions that can be solved in a single post.

Is it possible to clean up the Coffee Lounge section of the forum and introduce a single thread for such purposes? A random sort of thread in which topics that do not necessarily warrant its own thread can reside in? Perhaps may be even a chat based thread where users can discuss any sort of topic and change it on a whim? It will definitely decrease the flow of traffic that goes into the Coffee Lounge section, and will definitely lighten the load on the servers.

Just a suggestion. I enjoy this site, and it's kinda disheartening to see spam plaguing certain sections of the site.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: A little bit too much spam?

Post by darkflame91 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:29 am

I'll try...I'll just move all the non-important stuff to the Chat section...I'll do it next Sunday, if Ellimist hasn't done it by then...

but a lot of those useless threads actually move on to something worth discussing...like mrgiggle's MS-Paint editing of Hilary Clinton's pic lead to a discussion of today's US Government...lemme know what stuff is actually supposed to be moved and I'll do it...
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Wed May 28, 2008 6:23 pm

I tend to agree with Zealous Veil’s point of view… it’s nice to have only a few topics with high information content. This makes it easier to find what you’re looking for. On the other hand, I agree with Darkflame91 in that worthless threads can grow into more worthwhile discussions. How ‘bout this: We keep a thread for a certain amount of time, a month or so. If there is no significant activity, we bump it over into the chat section.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeh, that's good...I'll do it Sunday...
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----