I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:03 am

So guys, any discussion on the possibility on custom text colour for top posters? The figures TF provided indeed sound like it won't be too hard a task...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Tgsurveys
Gedd

Post by Tgsurveys » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

AneeshTheGreat wrote:So guys, any discussion on the possibility on custom text colour for top posters? The figures TF provided indeed sound like it won't be too hard a task...

Love your sig line!

Olittlebear
Civilian

Post by Olittlebear » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:13 pm

300. D:

So far I haven't even gotten 3 valid posts, reason given i'm not contributing anything to the topic.

Eg. Forum: Where do you live?
Me: Ireland!
Message disapproved.

:( I don't mind the five posts rule but just let me make them. ;-;

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Fri May 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Olittlebear wrote:300. D:

So far I haven't even gotten 3 valid posts, reason given i'm not contributing anything to the topic.

Eg. Forum: Where do you live?
Me: Ireland!
Message disapproved.

:( I don't mind the five posts rule but just let me make them. ;-;
Usually when we disapprove a post on those grounds it's because while your response is relevant to the topic, what you said doesn't really add anything to it.

To use your example, the topic is about where you life and you live in Ireland. That's on topic alright, but it doesn't really contribute anything to it. Tell us a bit about Ireland - I know most people on the forum have never been there and might like to know something about it. Do you like it there, or would you rather be somewhere else?
AneeshTheGreat wrote:So guys, any discussion on the possibility on custom text colour for top posters? The figures TF provided indeed sound like it won't be too hard a task...
That is an interesting idea.
Our main opposition to giving special colours out has always been that we want to make it easy for newcommers to know who the staff members are. If people have problems, we want them to know easily who they should contact. The custom title for 1000+ posts is our way of rewarding the top posters, though I'll admit that it's a little disappointing not to have any further rewards or accolades beyond that point. While I doubt we'll start changing colors, we might think of something interesting to give our top posters.

klax19
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by klax19 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 am

I completely agree that it is crap considering that I have never read the books and I really want to.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

And now you can, it really wasn't that hard... :P
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

shadowmanwkp
Gedd

Post by shadowmanwkp » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm

If you're creative with it you can easily get the required amount of posts, so I don't really mind the restriction. I am just glad the content isn't paywalled. As for harsh moderation, this is pretty mild, I've been on a site where you could post on the forums to increase your daily dowbloads through points, their moderators were very keen on keeping the rules. Nearly every post up there was red because of a point deduction message. It also helped a lot in the way of quality control.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

<Yeah, its a shame we don't have some kind of list of the best places to post your first 5 to ten posts on here somewhere.>
<If we did we would have to put it somewhere that newcomers could find it easily.>
<Oh I know! Lets put it right where newcomers come to introduce themselves to the group!>

<Oh, yeah. That's right. We do have something EXACTLY LIKE THAT!!!>

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1957
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Post by loosonghan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:53 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Oh, you can get banned alright. Quite easily, too. I've banned eight or nine users, and the other staff have their own share of bannings under their belts (although if someone could let me know my official killcount, I'd appreciate it. ;) ). Why did this happen? Because they kept trying to spam the board with advertisements. So we disapproved their posts, banned them, and no one ever knew they existed.

Short of that, we'll pretty much put up with just about anything here.
Okay....
When life throws you lemons...
Keep them, cause they are free

A journey of a thousand miles begin with a step...
On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Wait, he said they'll put up with pretty much anything?
Well, I guess that answers my question about language which is probably now buried in all of my other posts from today.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.