I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Post by Current » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 am

Purple is the colour of royalty or something. (Though I'm fairly sure it's a somewhat redder purple than the one you have in mind).
What is not the answer to this question?

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 pm

And green is the colour of the Faeran. [/irrelevant allusion]
Image Image Image Image

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:23 pm

TF. wrote:So do I, but I just can't think of a suitably brilliant one. :( Also, I want my name in purple for some strange reason. ;)
Is that possible? Your name in a different colour? I'd imagine not, cuz then Red, Green and Blue would automatically be unavailable, seeing that they're reserved for Admins, Mods and Junior Mods. Unless he a new colour scheme were made... Like say Black, or Grey, for all members above 1k or 2k posts...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Atlas
Delta
Delta
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Atlas » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:16 pm

AneeshTheGreat wrote: Is that possible? Your name in a different colour? I'd imagine not, cuz then Red, Green and Blue would automatically be unavailable, seeing that they're reserved for Admins, Mods and Junior Mods. Unless he a new colour scheme were made... Like say Black, or Grey, for all members above 1k or 2k posts...
Don't forget Yellow for donators lol But a color scheme for regular members would be cool.
THIS. IS. PANZERFREEMAN! *kicks into pit*

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 am

I wasn't serious, but it would be extremely cool.

Though I suppose black (instead of dark blue) might work for those above 1000 posts (or top 25 posters maybe).
Image Image Image Image

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Elfangor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:27 am

AneeshTheGreat wrote:
TF. wrote:So do I, but I just can't think of a suitably brilliant one. :( Also, I want my name in purple for some strange reason. ;)
Is that possible? Your name in a different colour? I'd imagine not, cuz then Red, Green and Blue would automatically be unavailable, seeing that they're reserved for Admins, Mods and Junior Mods. Unless he a new colour scheme were made... Like say Black, or Grey, for all members above 1k or 2k posts...
Yea. It is possible, infact we could make every user a different color, at least one of the Admins could. But that would also requires 1000s of usergroups which no one would want to make.

I think at the moment don't expect anything, however there has been small discussion about a remake of one of the older usergroups, which could possibly give certain users new colors.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:12 am

There are 21 users with more than 1000 posts and at least 6 of them already have specific colours. That cuts the numbers down, at least. ;)
Image Image Image Image

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Elfangor wrote:
AneeshTheGreat wrote:
Yea. It is possible, infact we could make every user a different color, at least one of the Admins could. But that would also requires 1000s of usergroups which no one would want to make.
But aside from that, as of right now, the colours help to distinguish at a glance the authorities or donators. Giving everyone the choice to customize their name colour would remove that. For example, before the position of junior mod was created, i had been eying that particular shade of blue, and would love to have my name in it.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Sassy_Cat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Considering I don't use the downloads, not I. It's totally reasonable. We can't have a storm of people coming on just for the downloads, now can we?
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

Deathfaith
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Deathfaith » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:32 pm

I can understand being mad about having to post 5 times, but at least it isnt a lot more. Also, this site is free...

(ironically this is my 5th post...)