I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
matthewrobo
Gedd

I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Post by matthewrobo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 am

I hate the five posts thing just to enter the downloads section!!! Who agrees!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Post by Snoopy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Normally I would have blocked a comment like this, but I would just like to take this opportunity to point out to mattherwrobo and any other new members exactly why we have the "five posts thing". First of all, this site is not free! We have to pay to secure our domain name as well as to host all the content of the site (including the eBooks). On top of that, this site requires numerous dedicated staff members who freely give of their valuable time to help make sure this forum runs right.

Now, many of us (myself included) have donated money to this site. And many of us have served as staff at one time or another. We don't expect any thanks or payback for this. We do it happily, because we want too. The only thing that we do expect is that before you leech off of our resources that you contribute at least five meaningful posts to any thread or threads on the forum. It's not much, anyone can do it in five minutes. It is not a great burden, especially compared to what the rest of us do to keep the forum running.

So I don't want to hear people complaining about the five post limit. If our forum isn't good enough for you, then you can go somewhere else to find the ebooks.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Elfangor » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 pm

matthewrobo wrote:I hate the five posts thing just to enter the downloads section!!! Who agrees!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I fully disagree! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO POST FIVE TIME WHY DON'T YOU NOT COME TO THE SITE! Hmmm I got carried away. As Snoopy just said Website cost money so don't go around saying rules are dumb.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

matthewrobo wrote:I hate the five posts thing just to enter the downloads section!!! Who agrees!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Quicherbitchin! As the two previous posters said, this site costs money. We're not obligated to provide these downloads. And 5 posts isn't a lot, I've made that many in 2 minutes. Other sites I've seen require 100 posts or more. And this may come as a shock to you, but if you've got nothing to contribute, then we're not interested in your opinion. Make the 5 posts, or get lost.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Cyberhamon wrote:
Quicherbitchin! As the two previous posters said, this site costs money. We're not obligated to provide these downloads. And 5 posts isn't a lot, I've made that many in 2 minutes. Other sites I've seen require 100 posts or more. And this may come as a shock to you, but if you've got nothing to contribute, then we're not interested in your opinion. Make the 5 posts, or get lost.
I think he chose to "Get Lost" but thats all cool
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

matthewrobo
Gedd

Post by matthewrobo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 am

Oh... Sorry. I didnt get it abut the 5 post the first time. Im not really smart & i didnt know about all the hard work. Again, sorry.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:38 pm

matthewrobo wrote:Oh... Sorry. I didnt get it abut the 5 post the first time. Im not really smart & i didnt know about all the hard work. Again, sorry.
Well, in that case, allow me to be the first to apologize for getting a bit snotty about it. But there is a lot of hard work behind the scenes. Even regular members like me play our part. If you're just here for the ebooks, that's fine, as long as you make your five posts. But even so, I would encourage you to stick around even after getting them, as this forum is quite fun, and we have a lot of interesting discussions/arguments.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:28 pm

matthewrobo wrote:Oh... Sorry. I didnt get it abut the 5 post the first time. Im not really smart & i didnt know about all the hard work. Again, sorry.
Ahh ok that all fine then. We just all get annoyed when someone disses the forum.
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:32 am

Don't you all realize.....Since he hasn't come back he obviously found the books somewhere else. So he just actually made this topic to contribute towards his 5 posts. But i guess he got the books somewhere else.......

Anyway!
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 pm

bindaaskshitij wrote:Don't you all realize.....Since he hasn't come back he obviously found the books somewhere else. So he just actually made this topic to contribute towards his 5 posts. But i guess he got the books somewhere else.......

Anyway!
Wait. In your post, just then, you majorly contradicted yourself. By saying that he has found the Ebooks elsewhere, but then you say he is here to get 5 posts to get access to them...
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It