I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Place for all feedback, suggestions, complaints, feature requests, etc. Guest posting is enabled in this section.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
JapanimeWjll
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Post by JapanimeWjll » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 pm

A very useful topic, i appreciate the mods willingness to address this. IMHO, it's pretty funny to see people complaining about just 5 postings. Doesn't seem like too much for such a great reward. I don't do too much forum stuff usually, so this is the first time i've seen something like this five post rule, but i really think it is brilliant. I can definitely see myself here more often in the future.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Good to hear that! Always cool to see someone come back after getting the downloads.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Ayyronio
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Ayyronio » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:25 am

You know; the five posts thing is actually a good idea. Not going to lie; I just wanted to download the ebooks so that I could share them with my wife and kids (we're reading passages nightly as a family bonding deal; on the Andalite Chronicles now!), but when I saw that I had to post five times before I could download them it made me actually look around. I used to RP Animorphs back in the old AOL 3.0 days in the chat rooms, and really this just seems like a great community. So; I'll be sticking around. Though I won't be able to post super often or super consistently due to working so much, but hey! It's something! So thank you for the ebooks and also for the community.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Glad to see you'll be sticking around :D
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Quagthistle
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Quagthistle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:08 pm

matthewrobo wrote:I hate the five posts thing just to enter the downloads section!!! Who agrees!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
So do I, but since it's required (and I can't find the eBooks anywhere else), I'll do it.

As for revenue, I'm not certain how my making five posts brings in revenue. Like many, if not most, internet users, I employ a good Ad Blocker. Why? Because I don't like seeing innapproiately under-dressed women advertising some online game (nor gorey images advertising some other game), and many ads employ flashing light effects, which has a nearly-instant severely-negative effect on my heath for hours after exposure (seizure patient + flashing = epic badness). So, for the protection of my health (and sanity - because I hate ads with a passion), I block all ads. Thus, I don't generate revenue, like the majority of internet users today.

Nevertheless, as I said, I'll do what's required to get the downloads so I can read them on my Kindle Fire and Google Nexus 10. I would have bought them from Scholastic, had they made them availible, but they didn't. To make matters worse, they took down the other site that was giving away free eBook downloads, as if they *want* Animorphs to be forgotten.

~Quaggy

Albertnex
Gedd

I HATE THE 5 DOWNLOADS JUNK

Post by Albertnex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm

VERY good idea I agree this bothered me at first but I never actually looked at that screen enough, well EVER really, to have it make a difference. Maybe because it is so bland it made me avoid it?