Firefox Add-ons

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
dracos1485
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Firefox Add-ons

Post by dracos1485 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Two that haven't been mentioned yet that I find useful, Feed Sidebar, which examines your RSS feeds and notes the ones which you haven't read in a sidebar, and WebMail notifier, which checks things like hotmail, gmail and yahoo for new email. Both save me a lot of time (especially webmail notifier) and I find them pretty useful and easy to use.

cmf12
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by cmf12 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 am

Here's a screenshot of addons i use:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Spencer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Two things I use most often is IE Tab and Undo Closed Tab. Those two are amazing. I use IE Tab to open an IE tab in firefox (for sites like Netflix instant play, which is incompatible with FF). and Undo Closed Tab which is self explanatory. If you've every closed a tab you didn't want to, just right click in FF and select Undo Last Closed Tab. It's amazing.

I also use download help because I enjoy downloading youtube videos. Leeroy Jenkins being the most recent.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 am

Okay, here's one that should be mentioned. I've noticed that Firefox seems to hate running PDF files. I've seen results on a large number of different computers which range from very slow loadtimes to actually crashing the browser. So if you have that problem, you should use the add-on called "PDF Download" which allows you to view a PDF as a PDF or as HTML, or Download it and view it with an external viewer. I find that it's very useful.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Kalash
Civilian

Post by Kalash » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:07 am

Another great add-on (especially if you frequent boards - like this one) is Lazarus Forum.
http://lazarus.interclue.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If things crash - or you're in another tab and close the window (or your friends close all your tabs just to make you mad), Lazarus restores everything you had typed but didn't hit "Save" or "Submit"

If you've typed a long post, it can save you a lot of frustration ;)

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm currently using the Redshift Version 3 Theme. That's a great one that everyone should use.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:27 am

use the Nasa night Launch theme...Black is beautiful....and it looks real slick...i dont like the glaring red in the redshift theme....Nasa's is smoother....

I also use Ad Block plus and dlwnload helper. But am recently into using the following three

1) CoolIris...This is one heck of a add on....its unbelievable....just go search for Cooliris on addons and ull see why more than 120 million people have already downloaded it.

2)Tab Catalog....provided the IE7 functionality of showing all tabs as small window panes on one page with which you can select which tab pane to navigate to...

3) Fox Tab..just for the fun of getting Vista like 3 dimensional tab pane selector.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

EYEYAMDA1
Gedd

Post by EYEYAMDA1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:13 pm

I use Firefox and I love it, but for some reason it never allows me to update the Flash player. Do you have any idea why this is happening? It gets pretty annoying especially with sites that require it.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 am

I rather like the TinEye addon. It allows you to search an image and see where else on the 'net it's being used.

Unfortunately, their search index is still pretty tiny. I haven't found it to be all that useful practically, but I still rather like it, though that might just be because the name is almost certainly a Brandon Sanderson allusion.

bruenor9
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by bruenor9 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 am

Firefox is simply amazing i recommend it to everyone :D