Firefox Add-ons

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Firefox Add-ons

Post by darkflame91 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:08 am

A lot of people in this forum don't understand what a great browser FF is and how its addon's make life easier..
so I'm gonna be writing about Add-ons I use in this thread...

Starting with:
ABP. Ad Block Plus.
One of the best add-ons I have for FF. It basically lets you block ads (d'uh, but it has certain other uses too.
You can subscribe to a list of ads to be blocked, or if you're a more advanced user, you can block ads manually.
This can be done from the list of images, scripts, objects and stuff in the page...
abplist.jpg
or you can right click and choose to block images.
abprightclick.jpg
there's also a lil' handy translucent button on the corner of flash objects that lets you block it instantly.
I'm too lazy to get a good screen shot, so I'll just let you try it and discover it for yourself...

Here's an example: ThePirateBay's Top 100 Music Page.
In Internet Explorer:
ie-tpb.jpg
In Mozilla Firefox:
ff-tpb.jpg
All in all, it removes ads, keeps distractions away, and saves major bandwidth.

To get more info and to install it, go here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Firefox Add-ons

Post by Ellimist » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:28 am

Here's a list of Firefox add-ons I use :
add-ons.JPG
I used to have Flashgot too, but it was causing serious memory leakage, and I had to discard it.

I'll explain the function of each add-on in detail later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:26 am

I'm using most of the ones already mentioned, but I've also got NoScripts (currently turned off), and Fast Video Downloader. As for my theme, I am using the awesome Acid Burn Theme.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral

Post by darkflame91 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:46 am

I'm gonna go in Alphabetical order...
Today's Add-on: ChatZilla.
A Built in Firefox IRC Client.

Read about it and get it from here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral

Post by darkflame91 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:00 am

Okay today's add-on comes with a little Website review.

I generally read a lot of comics, so I loved comicagg.com. Its still in Beta I think..It has a huge list of English and Spanish comics. You can choose which ones you like, and read them all together on one page every day.

The Add-on: Comic Aggregator Notifier. It puts a lil' icon on the corner of your FF page, and shows you how many unread comics you have today..

More info, screenshot and download here.
----
----

Skttrbrain
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Skttrbrain » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Download Statusbar is good, it turns the downloads window into a little bar at the bottom of the screen so it doesn't get in the way.

and Remove It Permanently is great, it allows you to filter out Anything! from a website so that you can get rid of over the top banners or ads that Adbock miss, or even just bits of a page your not interested in.

Auz
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Auz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 am

Stumbleupon is a great addon when you're bored and looking for random things online. It gives you a filter of things you might be interested in and when you click on the stumble upon button it takes you to a random page with content you'll hopefully like. This content is added by users, you can recommend a page for a certain filter, and rated by users when they are using stumbleupon. Again, its a great addon for random page surfing.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 am

Well, I just have this to say on the subject of FF. There are only three pieces of software that have ever caused my computer to crash. The first is iTunes. The second is Quicktime. And the third is FireFox. Make of that what you will. But in addition to that, Firefox is by far the slowest browser I have on my computer. I have had Firefox take ten seconds to load a page that takes less than one second to load in IE or Chrome.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Snoopy wrote:Well, I just have this to say on the subject of FF. There are only three pieces of software that have ever caused my computer to crash. The first is iTunes. The second is Quicktime. And the third is FireFox. Make of that what you will. But in addition to that, Firefox is by far the slowest browser I have on my computer. I have had Firefox take ten seconds to load a page that takes less than one second to load in IE or Chrome.
Really? What version of FF were you using? I ask only because what you just said sounds so bizarre, it seems as if you are living in a mirror universe! I don't think I've ever had FF crash my computer, and it gets great loadtime; whereas IE always crashes and gets terrible loadtime. Then again, you're using Vista, which I like to call the Vistabomination. Plus, you get great add-ons for FF that you can't for any other browser. Run ABPlus and NoScripts together; you can't go wrong with that. That could help with the crash problem.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Auz
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Auz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm using vista as well at ff runs great