Will this PC Build work?

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Rafe
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Will this PC Build work?

Post by Rafe » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:17 am

I'm wondering if this build will work. If there's anyone who can help me out here it would be much appreciated.

So here are the specs of what I might build:
AsRock G41M
Intel Pentium Dualcore 3.06 gHz
Corsair 2gb Gaming Memory DDR3
GeForce GT630 2048MB

Reidmere
Civilian

Re: Will this PC Build work?

Post by Reidmere » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Know this is an old post, but in case you still check:
One way or another, it's WAY too short on RAM.

1) What exactly are you asking for advice about, to make sure the chipset works together, or if it's decent?

2) What is your primary reason you want to use the computer for, just gaming (or also programming, music mixing, exc)?
If you're looking to game, AMD is typically better than Intel. Also, I find AMD chipsets on an ASUS board to typically be better for OC'ing, or undervolting.
Lastly, I really don't think you will have a reason to have that much video ram. You may just want to save the money, and but the card later.
The built-in AMD graphics APU is typically more than sufficient for even Star Wars: The Old Republic on almost any setting.
Unless you're hooking up to a HUGE HD LCD TV, seems overkill on that: just get a better core, and ESPECIALLY better RAM.

I run SWTOR on almost the highest settings on my server computer, with 4 operating systems, 2 Apache servers, 2 SQL hosts, ogg streaming, and an email server, all running at the same time, on a 3.0GHz Quad Core AMD, on an ASUS board with 8GB RAM.
Of course, I can tweak registries, but in other words, it's more than enough for your means, for years to come. And I use On-board graphics.
Owner/Administrator of Alternate Gaming Network
Music remixes, private servers, and soon, a cosplay gallery.

Also, considering making a Animorph-based MMO. Please visit this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4788

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Will this PC Build work?

Post by loosonghan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 am

Ditch the Intel Pentium Dualcore I would say, no point having great specs and create a bottle neck...
When life throws you lemons...
Keep them, cause they are free

A journey of a thousand miles begin with a step...
On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!