Learning Python

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TetraKill
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: The Place Where everyone is so disconnected from trends and memes, it's sad. (south africa)

Learning Python

Post by TetraKill » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:28 pm

I've decided to teach myself python, seeing as there is the whole google world competition happening, and i was just wondering if anyone knew of any good places to start.
I'll think of something to put here later.

nomadsland
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Learning Python

Post by nomadsland » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh, Python...*sigh*

I learned the basics from a computer programming class, but I've been told that the website is helpful and the Python community is very accommodating to new users. Which version are you learning? Have you tried checking out a Python book at a library?
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Current » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm actually trying to teach myself Python as well. I'd reccomend starting here, it has links to plenty of tutorials.
What is not the answer to this question?

TetraKill
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: The Place Where everyone is so disconnected from trends and memes, it's sad. (south africa)

Post by TetraKill » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:58 am

Current wrote:I'm actually trying to teach myself Python as well. I'd reccomend starting here, it has links to plenty of tutorials.
Thanks i've looked through it, and have settled on http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Progra ... r_Python_3, even though I have had a small amount of experience with Java (have been learning Java for 2 weeks in a grade 10 IT class).
I've decided to start learning version 3, seeing as I probably won't be needing many extensions and add-ons.
I'll think of something to put here later.

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

<Named for Monty Python, not for the snake.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>