iOs 4 on iPod Touch 2g?

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

iOs 4 on iPod Touch 2g?

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:57 am

K, so i have (or atleast will soon have) in my possession an iPod Touch , 8 GB, 2008 model. I will of course, be jailbreaking it. My question is, should i upgrade it to iOs 4.0 before jailbreaking it? Firstly, does iOs 4.0 provide ANY functionality that won't be available through a jailbreak? Multi tasking (or rather, fast app switching) definitely won't be there on this old model. Secondly, it is a well known fact that the iPhone 3G, while officially "supported" by iOs 4.0, it runs really slowly, although i have found no similar reports on the 2008 iPod Touch. seeing that the two were of the same generation, shouldn't that be the case?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Re: iOs 4 on iPod Touch 2g?

Post by TF. » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm

I have no idea. I'm still back on the 2005 iPod. :)
Image Image Image Image

joeydip
Gedd

Re: iOs 4 on iPod Touch 2g?

Post by joeydip » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Just being able to use folders is worth the upgrade.