No Sound

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

No Sound

Post by Elfangor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Well, I have come ac cross an annoying problem, of which I have absolutely no sound on my computer. This is rather disappointing as I am addicted t music.

It started when I restarted my computer earlier to day, I was listening to music before the restart, and then after the restart absolutely no sound works at all. I have tried changing speaks, changing where I have my input cables. Looked through all the sound options, and nothing I do is making the sound work.

Another thing that happened at the same time, is Windows Media Player is saying that there are errors with all my songs. Also when trying to test the sound in Control Panel it tells me, "Failed to play test tone."

One other thing, I know that my computer is recognizing the sound from the things I am using (Such as Utube) however it just seems to be having trouble putting the sound out.

Well, in an interesting turn of events, it seems to have fixed itself, which now leaves me more confused then ever, as to what the problem was, although, now I have sounds, so I am happy.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: No Sound

Post by Ellimist » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm glad that got resolved. Being without sound is bad.