Is Windows 7 worth the upgrade

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
heavenzwolf
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Is Windows 7 worth the upgrade

Post by heavenzwolf » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:38 am

does it actually make something like a laptop run more efficiently then it would on vista? i was told it didnt, but my i find some evidence to the contrary as well.

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by bindaaskshitij » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Both are resource heavy...Compared to XP....At the moment XP seems to be a good choice for medium or lov level laptops
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Elfangor » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 pm

I use windows 7 and I must say I LOVE IT! I was advised not to go with window 7 however I am glad I did.

On top of that, there will never be new upgrades for XP. Windows 7 on the other hand will be receiving updates.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

darksith
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by darksith » Sat May 22, 2010 11:48 pm

I definitely think it is worth the upgrade, especially since Microsoft's support of XP is ending soon (if that kind of thing matters to you). I love the new taskbar as well. Just having icons is so much better than all of that text filling up the taskbar.

insaru
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by insaru » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am

windows 7 is everything good in xp plus the things that didn't totally suck in vista. i was a hardcore xp fan but i recently upgraded and have no regrets.

Kilmeinbed
Gedd

Post by Kilmeinbed » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:11 am

i for one like windows 7 its really easy to do stuff with i like how you can drag a window to the right of left side and it will half screen the window so you can side by side 2 windows and compare stuff also when you drop a window to the top of the screen it full screens it also the search function is a million times faster than windows XP i dont remember how fast vista's was but i hated vista with a passion windows 7 is vista but without the slowness i totally recommend it
False Tears Bring Pain To Those Around You, False Smiles Bring Pain To Ones Self.

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 am

No! Windows 7 is evil! insaru, you are a traitor to the glorious XP cause. ;)
Image Image Image Image

[u][i]Lou[/i][/u]
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by [u][i]Lou[/i][/u] » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 pm

yeah, I really don't like W7. it's supposed to be a whole lot better than any of the previous Microsoft OSs but it really isn't. it doesn't have anything useful that wasn't in XP.

joeydip
Gedd

Post by joeydip » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:21 pm

It is much more stable than Vista and just plain better than XP so you have to do it.

venglein
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by venglein » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:59 pm

I don't find Win 7 as great as some folks do, more like a Vista service pack, some nice tweaks and a few nice extras.Hard to suggest paying customers on vista should bother.Windows vista has good graphics but windows 7 has better technology and better security software.All you will have to do is boot to your desktop,insert the Win7 Disk and upgrade. It will take a few hours to complete the process but that is all you do.