Is Windows 7 worth the upgrade

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
bruenor9
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Is Windows 7 worth the upgrade

Post by bruenor9 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:49 am

I want to know if Windows 7 is worth the upgrade or not and can someone post a link about the windows 7 features please. :)

Richard

Re: Is windows 7 worth the upgrade

Post by Richard » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:10 pm

NEW FEATURES: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I think it is worth it. I've been running on the RC build for about 6 months.

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Is Windows 7 worth the upgrade

Post by bindaaskshitij » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:07 am

I Haven't yet run it first hand. But your question could only be explained based on what OS you are running now.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:47 am

bindaaskshitij wrote:I Haven't yet run it first hand. But your question could only be explained based on what OS you are running now.
Right on. If you're using XP or a Mac, it's worth atleast considering. If you're using Vista... Sure, it'll speed everything up, be less irritating, but it's a LOT of cash fo such few upgrades.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:13 pm

exactly. Currently the best and most stable OS according to me is xp. No use spending cash on windows 7 just yet. Now if you're a techno pirate, well then that is another thing :P
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Well the worldwide stable release is out. Supposedly 8 million testers worldwide worked on the issues and have made it lighter on resources than Vista. It could be good. I shall wait though. Let it become a bit more popular before i go for it.

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Ah.... I am SOOO tempted to go out and buy a copy... I'm tired of Vista hogging so much of my computer's resources. Anyone here on AFF actually using it? Is it worth it?

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 pm

You can try the RC build on your computer upto June 1, 2010; and buy if you like it. The RC version doesn't include any technical support though.