Firefox Upgrade

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
das1234
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Firefox Upgrade

Post by das1234 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:33 am

lol what a statement^^
you don't have to force your data to google by using chrome though (im hardcore firefox user).
of course data is gathered everywhere but when the browser itself is made by THE gathering company its a notable difference to me and thus google will not see the day chrome is installed on my laptop.
This isn't drooling, n00b! It's art!

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:13 am

das1234 wrote:lol what a statement^^
you don't have to force your data to google by using chrome though (im hardcore firefox user).
of course data is gathered everywhere but when the browser itself is made by THE gathering company its a notable difference to me and thus google will not see the day chrome is installed on my laptop.
Yeah, the data gathering of Chrome can be turned off. You either need to completely reinstall the browser, or find an unofficial freeware program, that'll do it without requiring a reinstall. I've taken to calling Chrome GNOME.

Googles
New
Overtly
Malicious
Explorer

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm starting to miss firefox. The sites I usually use to download stuff all require FF and don't work on Chrome. I think I need to either solve my FF problems or drastically alter my lifestyle (the first thing would probably be easier). Do you think it would work if I uninstalled and then reinstalled FF? Might that do something? Or would it just be a waste of time. And more importantly, by he time I get an answer to this, could I have tried this myself and already known the answer? And if so, why did I bother posting this question? And also, why do I feel the need to ramble on in questions? You don't need to answer that last one, but you might find it fun.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:21 am

I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling FF would do anything, but I may be wrong.

The truth about data gathering of Chrome :
Wikipedia wrote:On 2 September, a CNET news item drew attention to a passage in the terms of service for the initial beta release, which seemed to grant to Google a license to all content transferred via the Chrome browser. The passage in question was inherited from the general Google terms of service. On the same day, Google responded to this criticism by stating that the language used was borrowed from other products, and removed the passage in question from the Terms of Service. Google noted that this change would "apply retroactively to all users who have downloaded Google Chrome." There were subsequent concerns about the browser's use of an unusual tracking feature that sends information about visited websites back to Google. The company stated that this is only enabled when users opt in by checking the option "help make Google Chrome better by automatically sending usage statistics and crash reports to Google" when the browser is installed.[link]