Firefox Upgrade

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Firefox Upgrade

Post by Snoopy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Ellimist wrote:
darkflame91 wrote:Come on, Snoopy, tell your parents! FF rocks!
Exactly, it's the king of browsers. 8-)
Well, now that I have my own computer, *does celebration dance* I could install it if I wanted to. But, especially in light of capnnerefir’s recent problems, I doubt I will. I’m very happy with the newest version of IE; never had it crash on me once. If anything, I might download Chrome, as I have tremendous faith in Google’s products. But not FF. Sorry to disappoint. I guess it’s true what they say; old dogs can’t learn new tricks.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Chrome is working for me. Actually, it seems a lot faster than FF. It used to take me a lot longer to download things. Now, it's almost instantaneous.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ellimist » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Chrome is working for me. Actually, it seems a lot faster than FF. It used to take me a lot longer to download things. Now, it's almost instantaneous.
It's called the Google effect. Everything from the Google stable is the best of the lot.(Except Blogger: Wordpress is my personal favourite).
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Well, intelligent design bless the Google Effect! If it wasn't for this, I wouldn't be listening to some of my favorite ska music via youtube right now.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:49 am

Chrome is really stable...like Ellimist said, Everything from Google is very cool. Even the new Google Phone. G1.

But FF has add-on compatibility...which is so freakin' cool! Everything on my browser is perfectly configured for ME!
New Bitmap Image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:54 pm

Okay, after almost 48 hours of using IE and Chrome side by side, I have to say that I like Chrome better. It’s faster; simpler and much cooler looking. It has some great features, (like right-clicking on an image and being able to click “Copy URL”. I love that!), and it also has some key functions that IE doesn’t. Spell-check, Incognito Mode, and the great download system are all examples of this. So, long and short, Chrome is leaps and bounds ahead of IE, and I’m going to make it my default browser.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Woo-hoo. He's been converted. That was easy.

I've been spreading the word about Chrome to anyone who gave me the opportunity to do so. I'm not some kind of hardcore Google loyalist or anything, but I definitely am a fan of Chrome.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral

Post by darkflame91 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 am

Snoopy wrote:Okay, after almost 48 hours of using IE and Chrome side by side, I have to say that I like Chrome better. It’s faster; simpler and much cooler looking. It has some great features, (like right-clicking on an image and being able to click “Copy URL”. I love that!), and it also has some key functions that IE doesn’t. Spell-check, Incognito Mode, and the great download system are all examples of this. So, long and short, Chrome is leaps and bounds ahead of IE, and I’m going to make it my default browser.
Dude, all that's been in Firefox, like, forever. You've been way behind the times.
Too bad you haven't tried FF, but at least you don't use MS - IE anymore. :D
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:09 am

Or as anyone in the know calls it, Internet Exploder.

Yeah, all those features have been on Firefox forever. Chrome does appear to have faster startup times. The key difference between the two, though, is that Chrome sends information on all your activities, including private information you may want to keep secret, back to the Google HQ. They then turn around and sell that info to advertising companies, who take the data about your web activities, and market products directly back to you, thanks to the personal info about you they acquired. After that, they can then do anything they want with that personal information. In the past, advertising firms have tended to then sell that information to anyone they want to, including the wrong sort of people (a well-known case involved info being sold to Chinese gangsters).

Obviously, none of this has happened with Chrome yet, but there is certainly a precedent for it.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Yeah, but that happens with everything. There's a big database in (I think it's) Arizona that collects all sorts of information you give out. They sell this information to politicians. It's somewhere in this video. PBS is a source I trust, or I wouldn't believe this. If that link doesn't do it, let me know.

And in any case, I always assume a massive database is selling my information and watching what I do. I also choose to believe that the government is taping my phone and keeping an eye on my purchases. This kind of paranoia is normal to me.