Firefox Upgrade

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Firefox Upgrade

Post by Ellimist » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 am

darkflame91 wrote:Come on, Snoopy, tell your parents! FF rocks!
Exactly, it's the king of browsers. 8-)
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

unforgivenjimi
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by unforgivenjimi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Everyone really should use FF. its far superior to IE and with all the various addons you can make it do incredible things.

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 am

Now, I dunno...Google Chrome looks way more cooler.
But I'm gonna stick with FF for some time, because all my add-ons have made it perfect for me! lol, I haven't even upgraded to FF 3 Yet..
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman

Post by Cyberhamon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Google Chrome may look cooler, but I've heard it doesn't perform as well as FF. Plus, I've also heard rumors it sends a whole lot of information back to the Google HQ. Something I try to avoid.

As for FF 3, I like it. The startup speed is much faster, and the loading times on pages are usually better. What I really like is the ability to save your session now. That's a real time-saver. As for add-ons there's actually some good ones out there, although not as many as there are for FF 2. Right now, I'm using Aero Silver Fox Basic and Acid Burn for my themes, as well as the Fast Video Download and NoScript features.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral

Post by darkflame91 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:33 pm

I'm waiting for the RedShift theme to be released for FF3...till then, I'm not gonna install it...
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Firfox just crashed on me 9 times in about haf as many minutes. I'm only able to communicate with you now because I still have IE installed. Any idea what FF suddenly has against me?

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral

Post by darkflame91 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:16 am

Circumstances? What web page were you trying to open, installed any add-ons recently, messed around with processes?
----
----

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 am

Yeah, I had this strange problem where Firefox always crashed on start-up. It was fixed after an update. These problems are usually circumstance and platform based and to replicate the error you'll have to replicate the exact conditions and the hardware.

So, unless you are too much dependant on add-ons, like me and Darkflame, I suggest you shift to Google Chrome. It's rock-stable, fast and from the Google stable.