Yeah, I have a few problems...

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Yeah, I have a few problems...

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Sat May 09, 2009 11:50 am

Okay, here goes...

Firstly, i formatted my comp last week, and hence, re installed windows (Xp). Since then, i have defined no additional users, and have been using the default administrator user, with no defined password. My problem is, when i log in, i an randomly asked for a password. I have no idea what this is, but a quick restart repairs the thing, and i can log in freely. What's happening? How do i prevent this?

Secondly, how do i get she of the language bar? I don't know what it is, all i know is that i don't want it! What can i do? Every time i disable it, it comes back when i log back in! Is there any permanent solution?
Last edited by AneeshTheGreat on Sat May 09, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

bigbadharv
Gedd

Re: Yeah, i have a few problems...

Post by bigbadharv » Sat May 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Hm...odd problems indeed.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can suggest is that you reinstall Windows. :)

minakochanzinha
Venus Princess
Venus Princess
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by minakochanzinha » Sat May 09, 2009 1:37 pm

*shrugs*
Some computers automatically request a password at startup, by default. Usually just clicking cancel or OK is accepted by the computer. But I'm not sure how to turn it off. Have you tried checking the options in the Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts?

about your seccond doubt, sorry but I didn't understand. you mean the language bar?

hope I helped ^^'
......it wasn't Jake's fault - Join the club ;)
------
------
currently at 65kg (about 143lb) and going... Image
goal: 60kg (132lb)Image
------
too....darn....CUTE!!!

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Sat May 09, 2009 6:13 pm

minakochanzinha wrote:*shrugs*
Some computers automatically request a password at startup, by default. Usually just clicking cancel or OK is accepted by the computer. But I'm not sure how to turn it off. Have you tried checking the options in the Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts?

about your seccond doubt, sorry but I didn't understand. you mean the language bar?

hope I helped ^^'
*stupid t9* yeah, i do mean the language bar. Now, what in the user accounts should i do? No password is defined there. Plus, simply clicking doesn't work.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Sat May 09, 2009 7:28 pm

mina wrote:Some computers automatically request a password at startup, by default. Usually just clicking cancel or OK is accepted by the computer. But I'm not sure how to turn it off. Have you tried checking the options in the Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
I think this is only applicable for Windows 200 Me or older Microsoft OSs. Windows XP doesn't ask for passwords unless you have a password. My only advice is to create another user account with administrator privileges and delete the existing account. If this problem occurs for the new account too, you have something wrong in your registry.

About turning off the language bar, it's simple. Follow these steps :
  1. Click on Options > Settings.
    lbar1.jpg
  2. Click on Language Bar in the Preferences section in the Text Services and Input Languages window.
    lbar2.jpg
  3. Uncheck the "Show Language Bar on the desktop" option.
    lbar3.jpg
  4. Click on the "Ok"s.
And you are done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.