COMPUTER CODE A-GO-GO!!!

Need help troubleshooting your PC? We have a couple of geeks in the forum who can help you
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
freeRadical
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

COMPUTER CODE A-GO-GO!!!

Post by freeRadical » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:23 am

hey all,

I am currently a student at Georgia Tech studying computation media which is basically a version computer science. So I am posting in an attempt to hear from other people who code and to share experiences, i.e., what is your favorite language, IDE, or bad-ass thing you've done.

Here are some of my experiences:
Started coding in Python
Learned OO in Java
Am currently learning C by programming for Game Boy Advance
Am currently learning advanced OO design and software architecture in one of the worst languages ever...Smalltalk
my favorite language is probably Processing, which is basically Java with some magical graphic functions and objects built in.

hit me back!

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: COMPUTER CODE A-GO-GO!!!

Post by Elfangor » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Hey um Im not sure if you realize but this is for if you are having computer trouble... You really should post in intros...
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

freeRadical
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by freeRadical » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:32 am

I just really didn't think it mattered that much.

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by bindaaskshitij » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Hello ...

My friend studies in Georgia Tech too...He's in computer science...just started last year....so its his first year....

His name is Ashwin Narasimhan PT......cool guy, could meet him if you wish to.......though he doesn't know the A of Animorphs......Plus he is tooooo sincere...he is probably topping his class right now.....

I myself Like IDE now....

Istarted coding in C and C++....which was in a Unix environ...
Then they moved us to C# and .NET framework which was an IDE
Now i work with JAVA in Eclipse which is an IDE.....and its pretty good too...
Another good free JAVA IDE is TextPad....You need to configure it a bit though...
NetBeans is pretty awesome but is very slow and extracts a lotta juice out of your comp...

That's just me.....i use free, easy to use stuff coz' i've never had a uber comp
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

tobias_cool
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by tobias_cool » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:27 am

I'm a computer student too. An Information Technology student to be exact.
We just learned the basic in Java. you know, the public-static-void-main-stuff. We ran our programs through JCreator. I found it hard.
Now, we're learning Visual Basic 6. I like it. Easy to use.
Tomorrow is an empty canvass, white and spacious, full of promise, what will you paint on it?

http://thereformedprocrastinator.blogspot.com

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 am

JCreator is a good IDE for Java. If you have any issues while coding in Java, you can ask me.