Intelligent alien life

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
sarge2.0
Gedd

Re: Intelligent alien life

Post by sarge2.0 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:44 am

Self aware life on earth? sure. Intelligent? Not so many. Alien life i think is likely though the chances of us actually getting to encounter them is laughable if they're not already in our solar system (algea on Calysto is still technically extra terrestrial life). Intelligent alien life is likely even rarer.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:29 pm

Can we really be said to have received a message if we don't know that it's a message?
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

deproxyacct
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by deproxyacct » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:35 am

For one thing, there are bacteria that can survive vacuum and high-radiation environments. Like in space, on the surface of moon or Mars. I just hope they won't turn to humanoid cockroaches over the millenia.

The case is, if we base our extrapolation from the Theory of Evolution, according to it, at the time when Earth was not as cozy as it is today (not even that cozy these days), all life emerged from simple organisms like our space bacteria here. And if it lives in the planets near us, they can also survive far out into the unknown sectors of space, and over the millions of years, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere out there, another creature is typing a post on an alien forum site so that he/she/it can download some ebooks about kids on crack who transforms to other creatures.

I Love Aximilli
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by I Love Aximilli » Sun May 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Probably. Their are trillions and trillions of stars in the sky, and they are only the ones that we can see. I'm not saying that for every star there is an intelligent alien life-form, but there is most likely a few, I dare say, even several, out there.

pinkycat1307
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by pinkycat1307 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:16 pm

I do believe that in the large outer space, there are intelligence beside us human :)

emawerna
Gedd

Post by emawerna » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:42 pm

If they had visited 200 or 500 million years ago, they would have found us earthlings as primitive unintelligent creatures unworthy of protection. We'd have tasted good on toast to these intelligent beings or we'd have fallen prey to their equivalent of rats as did the animal inhabitants of many islands when Europeans first visited on boats. There is no reason they'd been any less likely to have visited back then to have visited today. So, I don't think anyone exists out there that can travel here or we'd have fallen victim before intelligent life could develop.

We don't even see alien looking bacteria when we sequence the genomes of bacteria here on earth. Bacterial contamination is extremely likely. Bacteria can even survive on the outside of probes. Let alone inside (eventually getting out when the probe is sufficiently weathered.) Earth has had an oxygen atmosphere for 2.3 billion years. If life were rare in the universe, we'd be worthy of hundreds or thousands of probes from one source. If life were common, there would be individual probes from hundreds of sources. Either way, earth would get contaminated even if these were unmanned probes traveling at a fraction of the speed of light. You know we ourselves will eventually send a voyager type probe to any planet that might house life even if our technology didn't advance at all and the probe would take thousands of years to arrive.

Mike090
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Mike090 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:01 pm

I think there has to be other life out there.

Mellokitty
Gedd

Post by Mellokitty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:43 am

Everything is a possibility and a reality at some point according to logic. If time is infinite and space is infinite then everything and anything possible on all levels has happened, is happening, or will happen.

JackD
Gedd

Post by JackD » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:55 pm

I think there are. All the these universe just for us humans? Hmmm... probably not.
:)

darkwriter00
Warrior
Warrior

Post by darkwriter00 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am

I definitely believe there is other sentient life out there. Just as there are good and bad people on this planet, there has to be good and bad aliens from other worlds.

There are books about alien encounters/abductions that I've seen, including Whitley Strieber's books; Communion, Transformation, and Breakthrough. I've got all 3, but I've only read Communion and Breakthrough so far--as well as some of his fiction books. (He's one of my favorite authors, aside from K.A.A.) Oh, and there's a movie based on Communion that goes by the same title, starring Christopher Walken.

My dad also believes there has to be other life out there as well. He watches the big-mind shows on the History Channel about them sometimes. (What I mean by big-mind is this; once you read or seen something that makes you think and start looking at some things in ways you haven't considered to before, it feels like your brain has expanded.)

Some aliens may be the "Look at me, look up here! Hi. I'm visiting your planet." type. Some others may be not want to be seen, as they have their own secret agendas.
|) /-\ R |< \/\/ R ][ T 3 R

Rock on, AniFans!