Intelligent alien life

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
The_African
Warrior
Warrior

Intelligent alien life

Post by The_African » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Do you believe that there are intelligent, sentient species in other parts of the universe?

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Intelligent alien life

Post by Elfangor » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm

i believe there must be because the universe is infinite so what are the chances of us being the only ones here
or they could be in deferent realms from us.......
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by darkflame91 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:42 pm

There is definitely alien life out there somewhere...
but intelligent? People tend to assume aliens are more advanced than us...
Most people never consider the possibility that aliens might be more primitive than we are, say, in their equivalent of our Stone Age...
or they might be at the same level we are, and trying to make contact too! While we send out radio waves, they probably send out some other type of communication, and neither of us can know or understand!
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:48 pm

If there is alien life out there, I know why we haven’t found it yet.

See, when we send signals to them, we send them out as sequences of prime numbers, i.e. “7... 11... 13... 17... 19...” etc. And you know what the aliens think when they hear that?

These people can’t even count!

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:03 pm

lol
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Wolfstar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am

*laughs uncontrollably*yeah that might be it.u know the biggest reason i know intelligent life is out there?they havent visited civilization.theyre probably like 'these ppl r throwing trash everywhere.we wont need to interfere.see, if we did, nothing would happen.they would just throw trash anyway.' why do ppl throw trash on the street?its like they dont know we invented trash cans or dumpsters yet.

Capn: "Usually when I talk about my pickle, nobody listens." Elfy: "Why, is it tiny or something?"

Belongs to the BIP

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm

darkflame91 wrote:There is definitely alien life out there somewhere...
but intelligent? People tend to assume aliens are more advanced than us...
Most people never consider the possibility that aliens might be more primitive than we are, say, in their equivalent of our Stone Age...
or they might be at the same level we are, and trying to make contact too! While we send out radio waves, they probably send out some other type of communication, and neither of us can know or understand!
The reason that we use radio waves is because those type of waves have the best chance of getting to another planet, a lot better chance that anything else we humans know about (no counting Z-Space transmissions of course)

If there are alien life forms out there somewhere it would be a very anazing day when we meet them, on the other hand if we are alone in the universe then people will always be saying "There is life out there, we just haven't found it yet. Sure we may have been to every planet and moon in THIS galexy, but there are other galexies that we have just started visiting!"
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm

The way I see it, we've been on this planet a long time, and we're still finding new stuff on it. Just look at how much of the ocean we haven't explored! All the time, we're discovering new stuff on our own planet. So I figure that, considering how big the galaxy is, if there is intelligent life out there, it'll take us a while to find it. Look at how long we thought our world was flat!

That said, I just can't help but think that, in a place as big as the universe, we can't be the only sentient species. To suspect that, in the vast expanse of the universe, we and we alone are capable of what we term intelligent thought is the height of arrogance.

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Current » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Life? Probably, in some manner. Intelligent life? I have no idea.
What is not the answer to this question?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Somedays I'm not even sure there is intelligent life in my city!
However it all comes down (in my view) to if there is a god or not.
If the universe is all about the randum roll of the dice, then odds are there are intelligent life forms elsewhere in the universe.
If however the universe was created by an intelligent life form powerful enough to be called "god" (or more then one such beings) then it would depend on what that being thought he/she/it/they wanted when he/she/it/they created the universe.
Maybe this god(s) wanted humanity to be the high point of this creation, or maybe there are as many diffrent kinds of intelligent life as there are diffrent kinds of insects on Earth.
It would all depend on if this universe was created by the roll of the dice, or by a god(s) that wanted (or did not want) there to be only one form of intelligent life in his/her/it/their universe.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20