Help me AFF, you are my only hope!

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Help me AFF, you are my only hope!

Post by Visser 5 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:54 am

I was going about my day just minding my own business when suddenly for no reason I was reminded of a book series that I had read many years ago.
Now I want to reread it, but I don’t remember the name of the series, the titles of any of the books or the name of the author.
What I do remember is this, I think it came out about the same time Animorphs did.
In the first book we are introduced to three teenagers, possibly pre-teenagers. There are two boys and a girl, but each of them is from a different planet and none of them have faster then light travel.
None of them even knows that life exists anywhere else in the universe. After we meet each of these three children they meet a strange man who offers to take them away from their live, each of them accepts his offer and is taken somewhere else.
The first is a boy from Chicago or New York, but I think it is Chicago, however it could be another city, but its one of the more well known cities in the USA.
The second boy had blue skin and lived in a world were nobody ever left their house. They just sat at their computers all day plugged into a virtual reality world.
Whenever they needed anything like food or something there were robots that would get the food for them from somewhere else.
When he was plugged into to his computer the robots cleaned the house, picked up his dirty cloths, took them somewhere else and then brought clean ones over.
Somehow the strange man got this kid to leave his house, then the blue skinned boy was chased by “dog like creatures” and then when he tried to find his way home he realized that as far as the eye could see was nothing but identical white buildings with robots zipping in and out of them as they took care of the people inside. There weren’t even any house numbers.
Then there is the girl, for some reason I don’t remember anything about her home world.
The strange man took these three children away from their homes and took them to a new place where they meet for the first time.
It seems that in this universe reality is shaped kind of like an onion, there are many different layers, Earth and the other two planets are on the outer most layer, here very little if any magic is possible, even then only very few people can use it.
Now they are a few levels in and magic is something that everyone can do. These three children are gifted in the use of magic and they must stay on this level until they learn how to use their power. They end up seeing the strange man many times over the first few books as they have adventures in each layer of reality, each book has the strange man leading then closer and closer to the center layer of reality, a small room where all of the strongest magic is possible.
He has done this so that these three children can face the three strongest wizards in the universe.
These three wizards can do any spell there ever was, but there is one thing that they can’t do, and that is leave the small room, if they do them magic will stop working. That is why they sent the man to get these children.
They have been killing one person from every planet in the universe, on every layer of the universe, and putting their souls into a model of the universe.
This model will maintain the universe and they will be free to go wherever they want to.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Help me AFF, you are my only hope!

Post by The_Brigadier » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Oh my goodness, Visser Five! I thought you were contemplating suicide! Did you have to sound so urgent in the title?
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Man, I was expecting a lot more dangerous sounding. Well, inform us of the book series when you remember.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:31 am

AlbinoBlackSheep wrote:Oh my goodness, Visser Five! I thought you were contemplating suicide! Did you have to sound so urgent in the title?
Now why on earth would you think something like that?
Oh. You've been reading my epic blog posts.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:03 pm

<Sorry V, it sounds like a good read, but I can't say that I remember what the title of it might be.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 pm

What?!? You mean to tell me that not one of you guys has read these book before?

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Current » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:38 pm

That seems to be the case.
What is not the answer to this question?

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:39 am

I think that in the first book they met some people who are half human and half different kinds of animals, they were made by a wizard to be his servants.

EDIT:
Good news! I found it!
It is the Diadem series by John Peel

Diadem is a series of fantasy novels by John Peel.

The series takes place on several different worlds, collectively referred to as the Diadem. Travel between worlds is accomplished through the use of magic portals. The physical distance between worlds is irrelevant. Portal travel is based on the mystical geography of the Diadem, which is divided into five layers. The layers are a little like the layers of an onion and a drawing of them is the logo of the Diadem series and is on every book. At the center is a single world called Jewel, followed by the Inner Circuit, Middle Circuit, Outer Circuit, and Outer Rim. Magic is strongest on Jewel, and progressively weaker the "farther" a world is from the center. In the Outer Rim, magic barely functions at all.

The main characters are three adolescents from worlds on the Outer Rim. Each has extraordinary talent for magic. Due to the weakness of the magic on their home worlds, they do not learn about their abilities (or their mysterious destiny) until the events of the first book.

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:11 am

give me animoprhs anyday.
oh and hp and twilight too.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 am

<There are some people who think that we get to design our own Heaven, if this turns out to be the case, then hptwiani will end up in a place that is full of Animorphs, Harry Potter, Twilight, and "Lelio & Stitch" stuff, and NOTHING ELSE!!!>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20