TM & FB

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

TM & FB

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 am

<My name is Tobias_Marco, and for those of you who have been here for as long as I have or longer, you may know that some time ago I made another user name for my wife to use.>
<Fluffy and I were married on Sept 14th, 2010 then we had a big get together on May 14th 2011.>
<She goes by the name Fluffy_Bunny, so far she has only been on here twice, with a total of 14 posts.>
<She is a big fan of the on-line game "Farmville" that you can play on Facebook.>
<She does not like the amount of time that I spend on Animorphsfanforum.>
<The other day she asked me to come onto this website less then I already do.>
<I asked her how much time I should limit myself to, and I compared my time on AFF to her time on Farmville.>
<She told me that I should not get on AFF more then 3 times a week.>
<I told her that this would not lower the amount of time I spent on AFF, but would in fact triple it.>
<I love her very much, but sometimes she just doesn't make any sense to me.>
<She wants to have children more then anything in the world, with the first one being born before her 30th birthday.>
<She also does not believe that she is healthy enough to have children, yet she will not take the steps she needs to to get healthier.>
<To show you JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE her, I just got tested.>
<I am in great shape and there is no reason that I can't father a child or two.>
<Every time that we look at why we don't have children I can't help but trace the problem one way or the other to Fluffy's health.>
<Not very long ago she tried to get on a TV show called "The Biggest Loser", a show that I hope stays on the air until the world runs out of fat people.>
<It doesn't look like Fluffy will be on the show for the next season, but we will keep trying and maybe she will be too thin by next season to even WANT to be on the show.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TM & FB

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Well, good luck to her. I hope she can get her health issues under control so that the two of you are free to procreate as you wish.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by The_Brigadier » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:14 pm

TM, I was once morbidly obese/bordering morbidly obese and I've now dropped down to the normal weight range for people my height. Would you like to here how I did it?
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 am

I'm sure he would, so long as you don't say "I lost 47 pounds on the krispy kreme diet."
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:56 am

No, and I lost sixty... or was it eighty?

Some of this stuff will be difficult for Fluffy to do and some of it won't:
  • Cook your food. Cook it, cook it, cook it. A rather disparaging part of the American culture is the fact that we out so much. My parents were born in a different country and have a mildly different culture. In their culture, homecooked food is the way to go. Why? Because it tastes better than the stuff they serve in restaraunts and has a higher nutrional value. It is important to bear in mind that eating out is a treat, not a lifestyle.

No soda and no juice. I never enjoyed either of these drinks because they never quenched my thirst (also the carbonation hurts my tongue). A doctor once said that soda is nothing more than liquid candy and I felt that her assessment was accurate. Just look at all the sugar in your Pepsi and compare to a Hershey's chocolate bar. Water is the way to go. It has a neutral pH and quenches your thirst better because it isn't adding any sodium or sugar and whatnot.

Serving size is extremely important. The reason why I was morbidly obese/bordering morbidly obese was because I over-ate. I didn't like soda or juice and my parents didn't believe in eating out more than once every two months. My mother is a fantastic cook and I would eat seconds or thirds just because her food tasted so good. One day, I decided that 200 (or was it 220?) pounds for a fourteen-year-old was a bit much, so I just started eating from a smaller plate and didn't do anything else to my lifestyle.
One morning, I was getting dressed and was annoyed that my pants were so loose. I decided to check myself out in the mirror and when I saw myself, I said "Holy sh*t! What happened to my fat rolls?!" I whined to my mother to take me shopping to get some new pants and I found out that I was a size eleven. A few months earlier, I was a size eighteen. I kept on my diet and dropped down to 140 pounds and a size eight. For these past couple of years, I kept the weight off.

Are you or your wife willing to do this?
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:50 am

<I have been trying to do just that!>
<All too often I get a txt message when I am at work, telling me to call my wife when I get off work.>
<When I call her, she tells me that she wants me to pick up something for dinner on my way home.>
<In fact this happened just yesterday.>
<I tell her that that is why we go shopping twice a month, so that all the food we need is in the house.>
<She wanted me to get pizzas or frozen burritos or something.>
<When I came home I had a big bag of potatoes, a big onion, and a bag of carrots.>
<The look of disappointment on her face almost killed me.>
<The last time this happened she yelled at me to "pick up some real food".>
<I told her "this IS real food! That stuff you want me to pick up is the fake food.">
<It is so hard for me to know that whenever I go to the store for food, she is going to hate what I bring home.>
<The day I brought home the potatoes she told me that it was my choice what to get what we would eat, but not to pick up chicken or rice, or oatmeal.>
<It seems that I tend to pick up chicken and rice for dinner. Also most days I eat oatmeal for breakfast and she eats cold cereal, because she can't stand the oatmeal.>

<Yes, I know this is Monday, not Tuesday, but I am doing my laundry a day early this week, because there is a lot that needs to get done on Tuesday this week.>

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Well, you need to tell her to suck it up. Screw the dissapointment, she has to eat real food. The stuff I'm writing is nothing ground-breaking, nothing completely different than what is out there on the world wide web. Have her read my story. If she doesn't believe me, then have her ask herself this? What do I have to gain from lying to you and her? I'm not getting any money off of this, I'm not getting a car, I'm not getting a mansion, I'm only giving her information to help you and her. ANd like I said earlier, the info I gave you is nothing earth-shattering. Even if she doesn't beleive my story after this, then she better realize that doctors are recommending what I wrote.

Don't use the whole "I don't have time to cook either. My mother wakes up at four am, has to be at work at six, and she comes back at six thirty pm. She still makes dinner for us. When she's tired, I cook. Just this weekend I made her soup with pork, chicken, potatoes, carrots, and onions. If my mother is doing that, then so can you and your wife, if I'm cooking serious meals at seventeen, then so can you and your wife. (A big help for my mother was cooking everything on the weekend and then freezing for later consumption.)

TM, I'm going to be perfectly blunt and if this hurts your feelings, then sorry, but you need to hear this: If you can't get your wife to the things that are best for her, then I don't think you should have kids. You can't let her dissapointment get in the way of what is good for her. What'll you do when you have a child and s/he's in her/his Terrible Twos? Give in everytime s/he throws a tantraum about wanting donuts for dinner? You can call me a b*tch all you want, but I'm telling you how I see the situation.

Reading your response pissed me right off.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Say good luck to her, and tell her that I said to stop nagging you about your time on AFF.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:45 am

<First let me say that I liked everything you have said.>
<I know that my wife needs to get her head screwed on straight about a lot of things.>
<I have been showing her the facts for years.>
<Now she is telling people that she is focusing on having children and they are all saying the same thing to her "You need to wait until you get under (200/300/400) pounds before you try to have children.">
<I would be telling her this as well but I know that it would not do me any good.>
<I know that I am very good with children for short periods of time, but that doesn't mean that I will be a good father.>
<She has helped other people take care of their children, but that doesn't mean that she will be a good mother.>

<If the question "When will TM and FB become parents could be turned into a mathematical equation it would have at least 4 variables (How capable is TM of impregnating a woman, how capable is FB of carrying a baby to full term, how long have they been trying, and how frequent are their attempts).>

<FB and I have been married for just over a year now and have not yet gotten pregnant.>
<This really upset her, so we talked about what the next step should be if we want to have children.>
<As far as we can tell I am a healthy human male and she is an unhealthy human female.>
<As such everyone I know (even me) has said that she needs to focus on her health first, so that she can carry a baby to term without endangering herself or the baby.>
<The other thing we can focus on is increasing the attempts.>
<However the illogical mind of a woman, she said that we should get me tested.>
<The good news is that I am just as capable of fathering a child as the next guy (maybe even a little more so), and this upset my wife greatly, because it means that the problem is on her end, something that I have been trying to get her to see for some time now.>

<I just want her to be safe, happy and healthy. I know that we are not ready to have children at this time, her health isn't where it should be and we don't have the money for it.>
<I have been humoring her in the hopes that she will see the light and take better care of herself.>
<I have been inviting her to go on walks with me, but it just isn't working.>

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

have you tried wii fit?