What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Post by BabelFish42 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Menno wrote:I tend to go for women who have a lot of the same personality traits as I. Does that make me a narcissist?
Haha, no, I don't think so. At least I hope not, because I more or less did the same thing.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Dest
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Dest » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Visser 5 wrote:
Mr.Destiny wrote:
The_Brigadier wrote:An artist. :) Artists are attracted to artists. It's like we're a guild or something.
Ohhhh? :give_rose:

In all seriousness, bear with me. I'm typing in the dark.

Girlfriend qualities
-Smart. I hate dumbasses.
-Pretty face. This is a given. But I don't like sexy, I like pretty. It makes me feel more able to trust a person than when they're just sexy.
-I can't stand huge boobs. They're nasty.
-Straying away from looks, they have to have something to say about my creative works other than "Cool"
-It would help if they did creative things, too. Prefereably music. Or drawing. Or writing. Or all of the above.
-They have to like science fiction.
-The can't be an overly religious person. I will be all "Ohhh god, I hate you so much :|"
-Preferably, they should share similar views with me on some (as in the most important) controversial subjects.

Boyfriend Qualities
-David Tennant.
Sorry, I know that I am double posting, but I just read this and I had to replie.
#4 on your list is to stray away from looks.
By this I think that you mean that looks aren't importend to you, yet #2 & 3 both have to do with what she looks like.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong?
You're reading it wrong. I meant that I was taking the topic away from looks, and talking more about personality.
Time is not wasted if you enjoyed what you were doing.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Someone on Facebook wrote:
As I sit here there is an add to the right of my screen that says "Bring sexy back", yet at the same time there is a post down below that talks of missing the days when Halloween was about showing off your costume, not your cleavage. My question is, if we need to bring sexy back, when did it leave, where did it go, and why do you even think it left?
If you want to talk about REAL sexiness it isn't about wearing tight clothing, showing off your breasts, your butt or your other body parts. It is about showing kindness and respect to everyone you meet. It is about being patient enough to say 'no' to small temporary happiness in exchange for greater rewards later on. It is about sticking with one person even when they drive you so insain that you just want to rip their hair out.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

rav
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by rav » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 am

Honestly you people who have these long lists of what you're looking for are never going to find a mate, or even if you do, you're never going to be content. You have to decide on a few traits that are really important to you and then learn to love the rest of the package, for me all I really care about is that she always be honest with me and that she have a sweet and caring side, just someone I know I can trust and who will be there for me when I need her.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:46 pm

<Given the divorce rate, and the rate of teen pregnancy I think it is wise to have at least a few things on your list.>
<If you are a teenage girl and you don't have sex with any one who doesn't have at least these 15 things, then the odds are better that you will not drop out of school due to a pregnancy. Then when you do get married you aren't as likely to get a divorce.>

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Wisdom and Knowledge (strengths that involve the acquisition and use of knowledge) creativity (personified for example by Albert Einstein)
curiosity (personified for example by John C. Lilly)
open-mindedness (personified for example by William James)
love of learning (personified for example by Benjamin Franklin)
perspective and wisdom (personified for example by Ann Landers): the coordination of "knowledge and experience" and "its deliberate use to improve wellbeing."[4] Many, but not all, studies find that adults' self-ratings of perspective/wisdom do not depend on age.[5] This stands in contrast to the popular notion that wisdom increases with age.[5]

Courage (strengths that allow one to accomplish goals in the face of opposition) bravery (personified for example by Ernest Shackleton)
persistence (personified for example by John D. Rockefeller)
integrity (personified for example by Sojourner Truth)
vitality (personified for example by the Dalai Lama)

Humanity (strengths of tending and befriending others) love (personified for example by Romeo and Juliet)
kindness (personified for example by Cicely Saunders)
social intelligence (personified for example by Oprah Winfrey)

Justice (strengths that build healthy community) active citizenship / social responsibility / loyalty / teamwork (personified for example by Sam Nzima)
fairness (personified for example by Mohandas Gandhi)
leadership

Temperance (strengths that protect against excess) forgiveness and mercy (personified for example by Pope John Paul II)
humility and modesty (personified for example by Bill W., co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous)
prudence (personified for example by Fred Soper)
self-regulation and self control (personified for example by Jerry Rice)

Transcendence (strengths that forge connections to the larger universe and provide meaning) appreciation of beauty and appreciation of excellence (personified for example by Walt Whitman)
gratitude (personified for example by G. K. Chesterton)
hope (personified for example by Martin Luther King, Jr.)
humor and playfulness (personified for example by Mark Twain)
spirituality, or a sense of purpose and coherence (personified for example by Albert Schweitzer)[1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmUOdmm02A

<She should also have a great singing voice, be a good cook and have a good relationship with her parents.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 pm

<I try not to post to this topic too much, being married and all, however tonight someone jokingly asked me to marry them.>
<The person in question is a human female at least 19 Earth years of age, and that's good, however I had to turn her down due to me being married.>
<If she ever wants to ACTUALLY date me she will have to hold out until I outlive my current wife.>
<If that happens then she will also have to...>
<...be between X/2+7 and 2(X-7) Earth years old, where X is my age (In my case This Year-1982).>
<If she wants to be really geeky my birthday is in April, 14 weeks into the year. 14/52=0.269231 Earth years. Put that into your calculations when you run those numbers.>
<She must be smart, like at least 5 of the same fandoms that I do, and have good tastes in music.>
<She must meet all the things I've said in all the above posts on this topic THAT I HAVE POSTED.>
<I must have known her for at least 4 years before I would think about marring again, and my marriage to Fluffy_Bunny should have ended AT LEAST a year ago, maybe 3 years.>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 am

I thought Sam was going to date my sister. That is, assuming her boyfriend lets her.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 pm

<Only if she'll have me.>
<Get her to get on here and tell us what she wants in a guy.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Bleh, no. I have to deal with her enough as it is. :P
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.