What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:18 am

<Shared interests are imported, but you should have other things that you can do apart as well.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 am

No clue what I'm looking for. It seems that in order to know what you want, you need to know what you don't want as well. Seeing as I have no experience in the dating department, I'm really not sure want I'm looking for.

The only thing I know for sure is that she should like star wars.

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 am

Halloween is this month, so I was watching the movie "Practical Magic", in the first few minutes of the movie we meet two little girls from a family of witches. The family has a curse on them, if any of them fall in love with a man that man will die.
The little girls mother died of a broken heart. One of these girls is named Sally, and she is better at witchcraft then her sister.
Sally doesn't want to die of a broken heart, so she makes a spell for a true love, but because no such man can exist, she will never fall in love and never die of a broken heart.
Fast forward a few years and she is all grown up, things happen and sure enough such a man does exist and they do fall in love.
According to the spell "He will hear my call a mile away. He will whistle my favorite song. He can ride a pony backwards."
"He can flip pancakes in the air. He'll be marvelously kind, and his favorite shape will be a star."
"And he will have one green eye, and one blue."
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:57 am

<So far here is what we have to look for in our perfect soulmate:
Visser 8 wrote:I just watched the movie "Groundhog's Day" and in that movie one of the characters says what she is looking for:
"He's too humble to know that he is perfect."
"He is intelligent, supportive, funny, romantic and courageous."
"He's got a good body, but doesn't have to look in the mirror every two minutes."
"He's kind, sensitive, gentle, not afraid to cry in front of me."
"He likes animals, children and he'll change poopy diapers."
"He plays an instrument and he loves his mother."
Visser 8 wrote:someone who derives joy when someone else succeeds.
Does not play dirty when engaged in competition.
Has a big intellectual capacity but knows that it alone does not equate to wisdom.
Sees everything as an illusion, but enjoy it even though you are not of it.
Is both masculine and feminine, politically aware, and don't believe in capital punishment.
Derive joy from diving in and seeing that stoving someone can actually feel like freedom.
Funny and self-deprecating, like adventure, and have many formed opinions.
Uninhibited in bed, more than three times a week, and up for being experimental.
Athletic, thriving in a job that helps others, not addicted to anything.
Visser 5 wrote:http://xkcd.com/314/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't date anyone under the age of:

(Age/2)+7

If we flip this around, then we get "Don't date anyone older then 2(Age-7)"

If we put that together then we should only date people who are:
Older then (Age/2)+7, but younger then 2(Age-7)
If you do the math that means that you shouldn't even start dating until you turn 14, and even then, only other 14 year olds.
As you get older you become more experienced at dating, so you are allowed to date a wider range of people.
However this should only be used as a guide up to a given point, you should probably not date anyone who is more then 20 years older or younger then you are, cuz then they would be old enough to be your dad, or young enough to be your son.
Sassy_Cat wrote:They have to be modest, have a brain, care for me, and agree with every word I say.
Daphnia wrote:I seem to be always falling for guys who are the last child of the family and has older sister(s).
Daphnia wrote:plays an instrument or sings, multitalented, does NOT smoke or do drugs, plays sports, has the same faith as me, doesn't cheat.

oh, and not old enough to be my dad
Master Crayak wrote: ...and not be family.
SamilinCorrathGahar wrote:<She should be responsible, well educated, polite, thoughtful, a good listener, and incredibly secure.>
Tobias_Marco wrote:<Here are some of the qualities to look for:
Respects others, is determined, highly motivated, resourceful, intelligent (smart), kind, affectionate, loving, compassionate, creative, has humility, refinement, business minded, neat, well organized, shows infinitive, plays an interment, sings, cute, funny, good at sports, likes to cook (and good at it), brave, likes to read, cool, fun, nice, domanet/submisive.

Has the following attitude when it comes to (religion, astronomy, Shakespear, grilling, camping, fishing, hunting, tattoos, piercings) _____ (Put in your own thoughts on each of these things here).
The_Brigadier wrote:An artist. :)
Spencer wrote:The only thing I know for sure is that she should like star wars.
Visser 5 wrote:"He will hear my call a mile away. He will whistle my favorite song. He can ride a pony backwards."
"He can flip pancakes in the air. He'll be marvelously kind, and his favorite shape will be a star."
"And he will have one green eye, and one blue."
<Wow! If that were all one person (ignoring all the "he" and "she" and replace them as you see fit.) it would be a really interesting guy or girl.>
<Here is the question, could someone have all of those qualities and if they did, and they asked you out, what would you say to them?>

Emma Skye
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Emma Skye » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 am

Masculine, though not afraid of sensitivity. Intelligent, thoughtful, dependable, mature.

I think I just described the person I lost.
"...nothing left but essence..."
-Neil Gaiman

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Who did you lose?
I wish I knew more people like that.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

dreamz
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by dreamz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm sorry about your person, Emma. <3

I might as well describe the girl I've been in love with since before I realized that I liked girls. She's unique and willing to argue her solid viewpoints. She's smart and funny all the time, wisecracking and fun to be around, and she's emotional and unafraid of her sensitive side. She knows me better than anyone, compliments me in all the right things, and trusts me.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:40 pm

<Sounds like somebody worth having around.>
<The best advise I have ever heard when it comes to dating is to think of it as trying to build a relationship that will lead to marriage.>
<At first, when you are under 14 years of age, you don't even know yourself well enough to even begin to know what to look for. At this stage you should just be looking to have friends, as many as you can handle, and try to make those friendships as strong as possible.>
<Then from 14 to 21 years of age you are dating people who will teach you what you want and what you don't want in a soul mate.>
<Yes this person may be an artist who likes Star Wars, but they are a messy slob who never picks up after them self and you find your self doing all the work whenever you two are together.>
<So you figure that that isn't what you want, they also have to be somewhat neat and hard working.>
<By the time you are 21 to 30 years of age you should have a good list of things that you think you want in a soul mate, and you are trying to be the kind of person that they would be attracted to.>
<After all, a neat, hard working artist who likes Star Wars will not go out with you if you just sit at home all day watching You Tube videos and playing video games, waiting for your government food benefits to come in so that you can spend it all on soda pop.>
(Don't laugh 2 hard, that is biased on 2 different room mates that I have had.)

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:23 pm

...I guess that makes sense.

TheCicada
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by TheCicada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 am

Not that I've ever looked for one (the idea of looking for someone who you just happen to fall in love with seems faily unrealistic to me), but an ideal bf/gf, for me, might have these traits:
O Considerate of other people, compassionate.
O Not necessarily outgoing, but brave enough to stand up for themselves or another person.
O Doesn't care about gender stereotypes.
O Calm.
O Intelligent (not academically, just... logical).
O Somewhat reserved, only using words where they're needed and not wasting them on cliches.
O Someone who doesn't really get what "going out" means. I sure don't.
All else is kind of up in the air; these are the main things, to me. having said all this, though, I've never liked anyone, so it's not like I can say for sure.
<From the rising of the sun to the setting, and its rising again - we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember and find peace.>