Real names

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
twan
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Real names

Post by twan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:35 pm

TheChee wrote:well, one time i was waiting to get my hair cut the the stylist was all "John? John tegwyn?" and i go "thats me!" and the stylist goes,"um no, i'm looking for a John, as in the boys name." it took a while to convince him

another time, i was wearing a sweatshirt with 'TEGWYN' on the back, and my Vice Principal comes up and goes "Hey, how do you pronounce your last name?" and I say "John" and he looks kinda confused and goes "oh, well i've never seen John spelled that way before. Is it slavic?"

At this point, i burst out laughing and had to explain it to him. :D
lol :D

Debs5595
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Debs5595 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:35 pm

well i have so many nick names that 5 dif. people can call out 5 dif. names and i'll answer all of them my teachers have a hard time remembering my name cause everyone calls me something dif.
ImageImage

werenall
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by werenall » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:18 am

My name is Damian :D

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome

Post by Wolfstar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:04 am

TheChee wrote:i've got one better then Wesch; Tegwyn. NO ONE can pronounce my name, so most of the time i'm stuck with nicknames like Penguin, or Teggles. the most original one so far was Tengweenie.

plus, to top it all off, it's a boys name. no one else knows that, of course, but I do, which makes it worse, because i'm stuck with a boys name which is not even recognizable as a boys name. It's like having a rabid pet pit-bull that just looks like a pomeranian brushing it's teeth.
welcome to the club.we're both stuck with guy names.*slaps high-five with theChee* well one good thing is my mom thought i was a guy till i was born, so she didnt get to name me Zephiniah, which was,she informed me, what she wanted my name to be if she'd known she'd had a girl BEFORE i was born.

Capn: "Usually when I talk about my pickle, nobody listens." Elfy: "Why, is it tiny or something?"

Belongs to the BIP

twan
Admiral
Admiral

Post by twan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 am

Wolfstar wrote:welcome to the club.we're both stuck with guy names.*slaps high-five with theChee* well one good thing is my mom thought i was a guy till i was born, so she didnt get to name me Zephiniah, which was,she informed me, what she wanted my name to be if she'd known she'd had a girl BEFORE i was born.
looks like u dodged a bullet there
whats Zephininah mean?

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome

Post by Wolfstar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

idk.all i know is, that was her stupid class-mate's name.idk why she would wanna name me that or what it means.

Capn: "Usually when I talk about my pickle, nobody listens." Elfy: "Why, is it tiny or something?"

Belongs to the BIP

twan
Admiral
Admiral

Post by twan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 am

:) fortunately my mom named me after her dad and he didn't have any bizarre name

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome

Post by Wolfstar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:22 am

yeah.u'r lucky u didnt get dumped with a name from a movie, like i did.'forrest gump' starring Tom Hanks (which my mom had a crush on before, though she's never met him.quite stupid really.its like i wanna say 'u dont know what he's really like and u have a CRUSH on him?')

Belongs to the BIP

twan
Admiral
Admiral

Post by twan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:31 am

i think its unique
just be glad they didn't stick u with the Gump...
Wait they didnt did they 0.0 ;) jk

TheChee
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by TheChee » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Wolfstar wrote:welcome to the club.we're both stuck with guy names.*slaps high-five with theChee*
Idk, I like your name. I have a friend named Forrest (boy, I'm sorry to say), and it means "Of the woods", whereas my namesake was the saint of priests in wales (my mom didn't know that at the time.), and it means something along the lines of pure and white.

I'd much rather be of the woods. I look horrible in white.
Watch yo self.