The Teacher Thread

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
greenking26
Gedd

Re: The Teacher Thread

Post by greenking26 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 am

i had one teacher that made me lie to her. She thought i kicked another student, but i didn't. She kept asking me if i did until i gave in and lied by saying i did. She was really terrible!

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:24 am

greenking26 wrote:i had one teacher that made me lie to her. She thought i kicked another student, but i didn't. She kept asking me if i did until i gave in and lied by saying i did. She was really terrible!
What a b****. (I'm hoping the profanity filter is working; please don't ban me :oops: )

I've had some teachers be horrible to me but it was usually my fault. Recently, I had one teacher get up me because I had been selling CDs with course notes, my exam responses and past exam papers on them. It was quite a decent breach of copyright and all that but I made myself a few hundred dollars and ended up keeping the proceeds anyway.
Image Image Image Image

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Dr Sario » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 am

I like my biology teacher, if only for the reason that we can sidetrack her from mushrooms to Chernobyl in a matter of moments.
My French teacher is awesome, she lets us have coffee in the morning lessons, and tells us all the gossip about the other staff.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Your biology teacher sounds a bit like my old Physics teacher. We had a set syllabus to work from but it was pretty easy to see that he thought it was a little basic. With even the most basic question he'd start talking about revolutionary new experiments or about students he had in the past. :)
Image Image Image Image

zengran
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by zengran » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:06 am

my roll call teacher is sooooooo annoying, she would lecture anyone who puts their bags on the desk or chairs for just ONE SECOND, seriously, what is the problem with her, pretty much everybody in my school hates her because of her strickness

ScrewDestiny
Gedd

Post by ScrewDestiny » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I've got a teacher who seems to get off track, but she doesn't really. She likes to tell stories, and while the stories are interesting, they're rehearsed and they don't actually keep us from doing work, because she always stops around the same time.

nyannyan
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by nyannyan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:04 pm

I had a teacher who was the s***. Like, the best qualities of Remus Lupin and Albus Dumbledore in one. What an awesome guy.

Current
Eldritch Abomination
Eldritch Abomination
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Current » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:32 pm

He kept water monsters as pets and had magical powers? :P
What is not the answer to this question?

Daphnia
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Daphnia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

My physics teachers have always been odd, no matter in what grade. one of them actually sold food and snacks to us. everytime a holiday comes, like christmas, new year, easter, or even valentine's day, he offers extra points for kids who text him "merry christmas" or whatever. we're supposed to put our classes and numbers (in my country every child has a number, our names alphabetically ordered). and if we send the messages exactly on 00:00 on christmas, for example, we get another extra points. and once he lost his wallet (or jacket?), and he promised whoever finds it gets extra points. this guy is also known to like to touch people (mostly boys) in all the wrong places: chin, thigh, butt. idk why at that time no one ever reported him of molestation. He isn't gay, he is married and has a son that's about my age. odd guy.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by The_Brigadier » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Ugh! I had an awful AP World History teacher in the eleventh grade. He assigned ridiculous amounts of work that sometimes had NOTHING to do with the subject matter. He overestimated the importance of his subject and completely ignored the fact that most of us had other more difficult and abstract courses (he was teaching World History, not Eastern philosophy). Sometimes he would bully students. He accused me of EATING GLUE!!!!!!!! (WTF?) I had an appointment to donate my blood and he almost wouldn't let me go (if he told me no, I would have gone anyways). Whenever we would ask a question and he didn't know the answer, he would laugh at us like we were stupid.

Case in point: The class was in the mid-nineteenth century section and throughout the entire textbook, not a single thing about Australia had been mentioned. I ask the teacher "When did the Aborigenese arrive into Australia?" He answered by laughing at me and saying that my question was ridiculous. It was fairly obvious that he didn't know the answer and instead of saying "I don't know", he responds by trying to make me seem stupid. I guess Australians don't count as people in his world...

I'm so glad that I'm done with that class and that teacher.
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫