The Teacher Thread

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: The Teacher Thread

Post by Dr Sario » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:23 am

Snoopy wrote:
Dr Sario wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
Dr Sario wrote:I know a teacher X who is VERY bad at teaching sports. X's sports lessons are torture. She makes us ski for two hours (fun in my opinion), but holds an average-skilled classmate of mine to a shorter trail, because "it would be LETHAL if you went on that trail!" However, the trail classmate's forced to take is just a shortcut on the trail said classmate would want to take. And the longer trail, the one she'd want to go on, the bit branching off from the shorter trail and joining back again, is nostly flat.
This is downhill skiing or cross-country?
Cross-country. You think the schools here have any money???
Well, I didn't think it would be downhill... I don't know of a single school in the US that has that as P.E. But if it were downhill, that would be awesome. There'd be a rush of high-schoolers wanting to go to Finland as exchange students...
Well, there are some pretty awesome downhills in Finland, just don't go to the 'flat' south bit near the capitals.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

vigilant
Civilian

Post by vigilant » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:03 pm

My school had a downhill ski team. I do both downhill and x-country, but when it came up as my turn to go through the course I ... forgot how to ski. I was so nervous I had to pie-slice all the way down from the top of the mountain and nearly snapped the muscles in my legs. Failure! If I just go skiing with a partner or friends I usually ski better than they do, even well-seasoned pros. Crowds terrify me.

My ski coach was *not* forgiving.

Thames
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by Thames » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 pm

My schools never had anything cool like Ski teams. We had the basic sports, really, as far as I remember-and I participated in none. I am fragile and lazy.

Teacher wise, one of my favorite and least favorite teachers in High School are the same guy. I had him 5 times in 4 years, because he kept changing what grades and classes he taught, and for the first 3 years and 4 classes I thought he was pretty cool. We got to play with goat guts once, and none of the other Biology classes did. Then in grade 12, my kidney disorder kicked in and I missed 2 weeks of class, and while all my other teachers were nice about me missing time and such, he was a total jerk about it-said I had no chance of passing the class and might as well be prepared to have to not graduate. Like it was my fault I was sick. I did pass though, with a high grade, and told him off at Safe Grad.
I smile because they haven't found the bodies yet.

luckyclover13
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by luckyclover13 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 am

Hmm, I have a really awesome Chem teacher this year, but he's leaving the school D: -sigh-

He swears in class all the time and insults the education system we have in Singapore XD and he looks down on tests. 8D

One of my favourite quotes by him is:
Clover's chem teacher wrote:You only took a chemistry quiz. You didn't just take a pregnancy test.
That when it was after a quiz and my classmate was being worried about how she forgot to do something and was getting all nervous and all :P It's not a rare sight in my class... :P We're a bunch of awfully marks-conscious people. :roll: *except me. who doesn't care and spend all my time here or on Facebook while my classmates work hard :P -whistles nonchalantly- And I like it. 8D*

He also has completely lame ways of explaining stuff, like how the fixed ratio of atoms in a compound is equal to cooking Rojak (it's an Indian dish where you mix random food together xD in this case, pineapple and cucumbers) about how the ratio of pineapples and cucumbers must be the same or the rojak won't taste nice. XD

There was also once during assembly that we were having some cheering session before a sports meet with another (all-guys) school and he went on stage to "motivate us" by demonstrating how guys cheer (we're an all-girls school) XD and said that we must be able to beat them. XD (And the irony is that he's from the school we're competing against. XD)

Oh man I'm missing him again :P Naturally our whole class (and practically everyone he taught) loves him a lot 8D -sigh- too bad that he has to leave... D:
This fight is personal.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:34 pm

I had a teacher once who was so mean and nasty that they actually tried to teach us stuff!
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm

I had a teacher hit on me once.
...or was it twice?
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 am

My current maths teacher is, like, the best guy in the known universe. Seriously. He explains everything coherently, emphasises *understanding*, allows the more advanced students (me+my pal) do University stuff, and has time for questions afterwards.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Sounds cool.
I wish more teachers were like that.
I know at least one of my teachers was ALWAYS playing favorets.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

mytym2reign
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by mytym2reign » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 am

Ok, my hindi teacher absolutely hates me.
Well, I hate her too.She hates me because I don't know hindi.
Just before my first term exam, she lost my hindi note book and she blamed it on me and
then when my parents came to talk to her, she tried to make herself look like she's some great person that everybody loves or something. And then she went and complained to my class teacher that I should've learnt everything from the text book and I am not mental enough to sit and learn my entire hindi text book. I managed to pass though. I am stuck with her for two years (9 and 10 grade teachers are the same) Just my luck....
Life is an adventure. Take the challenge

And who we are
Has brought us here
And I'm not running from tonight...........

Master Crayak
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Master Crayak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 pm

All teachers are stupid or evil and should be treated as such.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... =172#comic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;