The Teacher Thread

Place for all other random discussions
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

The Teacher Thread

Post by Cyberhamon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Well, I know that most of us are either in high school or college, or are recently out of school. This means that we all have recent memories of teachers; good, bad, or otherwise. So, I figured that we could relieve some of the stress by talking to each other about teachers that particularly stand out in either direction. Any positive or negative experiences are welcome for discussion.

However, don't give the teachers' names. They're unnecessary, and I don't want to risk trouble, even if that's unlikely.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: The Teacher Thread

Post by Elfangor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:54 pm

You know with homeschooling my mum is my teacher but i basically do everything for myself, so that means i should complain about myself does it not? or maybe i should complain about my Paces, in that case i will cpmplain about my math paces which i hate because they never give good examples or anything....
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Snoopy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Hmm... yet another homeschooler? I must say I find that... well, a little out of the ordinary. I mean, we homeschoolers make up, what, 0.0001% of the population under 20? And yet we have three on this board.

Anyway, I, like Elfy, have only my mother to complain about; and even if I did have any complaints, (which I don't), I wouldn't dare post them here.

Although, now that you mention it, I did take an English class a while back from someone else... writing skills don't run in our family, (we're mostly technically minded, if you couldn't tell...) so mom figured I ought to take English from a teacher who actually knew something about it. I learned absolutely nothing from the class though...

Anyway, check back a year from now when I've taken Calc I and will be taking Calc II. Maybe I'll have some stories to tell by then...

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:09 am

Snoopy wrote:Hmm... yet another homeschooler? I must say I find that... well, a little out of the ordinary. I mean, we homeschoolers make up, what, 0.0001% of the population under 20? And yet we have three on this board.
Almost all my friends are home schooled and most of my cousins (though we arnt hippies or something like that).
Snoopy wrote: Although, now that you mention it, I did take an English class a while back from someone else... writing skills don't run in our family, (we're mostly technically minded, if you couldn't tell...) so mom figured I ought to take English from a teacher who actually knew something about it. I learned absolutely nothing from the class though...
Lol so did we :)
Snoopy wrote: Anyway, check back a year from now when I've taken Calc I and will be taking Calc II. Maybe I'll have some stories to tell by then...
Cant wait :)
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:45 am

I know a teacher X who is VERY bad at teaching sports. X's sports lessons are torture. She makes us ski for two hours (fun in my opinion), but holds an average-skilled classmate of mine to a shorter trail, because "it would be LETHAL if you went on that trail!" However, the trail classmate's forced to take is just a shortcut on the trail said classmate would want to take. And the longer trail, the one she'd want to go on, the bit branching off from the shorter trail and joining back again, is nostly flat.
Also our maths teacher Q has got NO IDEA how to pronounce 'tricky' words like and. Despite yelling from half the class, he STILL pronounces and end.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Dr Sario wrote:I know a teacher X who is VERY bad at teaching sports. X's sports lessons are torture. She makes us ski for two hours (fun in my opinion), but holds an average-skilled classmate of mine to a shorter trail, because "it would be LETHAL if you went on that trail!" However, the trail classmate's forced to take is just a shortcut on the trail said classmate would want to take. And the longer trail, the one she'd want to go on, the bit branching off from the shorter trail and joining back again, is nostly flat.
This is downhill skiing or cross-country?

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 am

Snoopy wrote:
Dr Sario wrote:I know a teacher X who is VERY bad at teaching sports. X's sports lessons are torture. She makes us ski for two hours (fun in my opinion), but holds an average-skilled classmate of mine to a shorter trail, because "it would be LETHAL if you went on that trail!" However, the trail classmate's forced to take is just a shortcut on the trail said classmate would want to take. And the longer trail, the one she'd want to go on, the bit branching off from the shorter trail and joining back again, is nostly flat.
Cross-country. You think the schools here have any money???
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Snoopy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Snoopy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Dr Sario wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
Well, I didn't think it would be downhill... I don't know of a single school in the US that has that as P.E. But if it were downhill, that would be awesome. There'd be a rush of high-schoolers wanting to go to Finland as exchange students...

Cyberhamon
Batman
Batman
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Cyberhamon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Snoopy wrote:
Dr Sario wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
Well, I didn't think it would be downhill... I don't know of a single school in the US that has that as P.E. But if it were downhill, that would be awesome. There'd be a rush of high-schoolers wanting to go to Finland as exchange students...
Our school had downhill, until someone injured themselves doing so and the school had to pay out some money.

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Credit for the above graphics goes to Ellimist.

IF YOU'RE COOL, THEN POST HERE

dreamz
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by dreamz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Snoopy wrote:
Dr Sario wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
You go that right. I love downhill skiing.

I had a science teacher last year who was on probation two years before that for looking down girl's shirts. Also, in third grade, I had a Reading(yep, that was what we called the class) teacher who made a classmate cry, but aside from that bit, it's really not a funny story, so I'm not going to share it.