Fic Recs?

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Fic Recs?

Postby Thames » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 pm

Didn't see any thread or posts like this, and thought we needed one (or at least I did). Every fanfiction site has a rec/request list.

I personally am looking for stories that take place earlier on in the series, since I am only about halfway through, but anyone that has any good internal or external links to good quality fic should come and rec it. I'm sure theres a few ppl on this site that know the good ficcy hiding places around the interweb.

I have none myself, yet, because I am only newly returning to fandom, but give me time and I can sort out some goodies I promise ^_^ I am good at finding things.

(If this kinda thread has been done, or is not allowed, tell me and I will stop....)
I smile because they haven't found the bodies yet.
Thames
War-Prince
War-Prince

Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Fic Recs?

Postby capnnerefir » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 pm

I can probably make some recommendations, but I need to know more. What characters do you like most? Are you interested in humor, drama, angst, romance, etc.? Are you willing to read something ridiculously long or do you prefer short and to the point? Do severely OOC fics bother you?
There is a lot to be taken into consideration when I make recommendations.
Guraff image made by my fiancé, Gina, who I love more than anything.

capnnerefir
The Drode
The Drode

Postby Thames » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:06 pm

I made the thread for everyone in mind, but personally, if you can help me find fic...I look for more plot driven (so usually longer) fiction, and not usually romance. I don't mind if that's in there like a sub plot, but not the focus. More serious stuff for me. And, like I said, I'm still early in the series, and while a few spoilery things are fine, I don't want any fic (right now) that has any huge plot spoilers for the series in them.

That enough details?? Oh...my fav characters are Tobias and Ax, though I like Cassie more now then I did when I first read animorph books as a child.
Thames
War-Prince
War-Prince

Postby capnnerefir » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:23 pm

You might enjoy this one. It's one of the longest out there. Technically, it takes place after the series, but...well, you'll see. Don't get excited about a sequeal, though, because it never got beyond chapter 3 or 4.
This is one of my favorite fics, so I hope you like it.
Threads of Fate

capnnerefir
The Drode
The Drode

Postby Thames » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I shall take your word for it and go forth and read.
Thames
War-Prince
War-Prince

Postby capnnerefir » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey, I forgot about this thread! It could definitely be of use to some members, so I'm going to ask that when someone comes across a fic they like, post a link to it here for anyone looking for fanfiction.

Somewhat ironically, I actually resurrected this topic to direct the attention of fanfic writers and potential fanfic writers to a fic that I didn't like. I would, in fact, go so far as to say it disgusts me.

Animorphs Next Gen 1 The Hidden

If you want to know what I don't like about it, see my reviews. They're long and detailed. The reason that I point writers to this fic is that it is very good at representing some of the worst things a writer can possibly do. I think that readers and writers will have no trouble, as they read it, picking up on what irritates me about it; all of my grievances are extremely obvious.

capnnerefir
The Drode
The Drode

Postby Dr Sario » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 am

capnnerefir wrote:Hey, I forgot about this thread! It could definitely be of use to some members, so I'm going to ask that when someone comes across a fic they like, post a link to it here for anyone looking for fanfiction.

Somewhat ironically, I actually resurrected this topic to direct the attention of fanfic writers and potential fanfic writers to a fic that I didn't like. I would, in fact, go so far as to say it disgusts me.

Animorphs Next Gen 1 The Hidden

If you want to know what I don't like about it, see my reviews. They're long and detailed. The reason that I point writers to this fic is that it is very good at representing some of the worst things a writer can possibly do. I think that readers and writers will have no trouble, as they read it, picking up on what irritates me about it; all of my grievances are extremely obvious.

Ehh, capn, where are your reviews? (I'm also sorta guessing that your hate has to do with Mary Sue.)
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."
Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Postby capnnerefir » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

My reviews: http://www.fanfiction.net/r/5021412/

Start at the bottom and work your way up.

capnnerefir
The Drode
The Drode

Postby Visser 5 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:57 pm

I want to read a fan fic where the Animorphs were just getting done with High School and getting into collaga when they meet Elfangor, as a result there whould be more romance. I also want to be able to download all the chapters at once. I hate waiting.

EDIT:
David's team of Animorphs.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.
Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tobias_Marco » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Rachel blasted into another reality at the end of #54 and starting her own team of Annimorphs.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20
guitarhero01234 is king! ...of Cassie's left shoe.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Next

Return to Animorphs Fan Fiction