Marathon

Discuss about games here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Marathon

Postby Spencer » Mon May 03, 2010 2:07 am

Many of us play Halo. Avid players may notice the symbol in my avatar appears quite a bit throughout that series. Before Halo, bungie made a game trilogy called Marathon the logo in my avatar is the Marathon logo, as well as the logo of Durandal (the main AI character ib the games). Marathon ha a lot in common with Halo. You played as a cyberneticallt enhanced super soldier, you were constantly aided by an AI, and many of the weapons have traits that were reused in Halo (like the fusion pistol's charge mode).

In fact, the halo gametype oddball is a direct decendent of the marathon gametype kill the man with the ball (both of which use a skull as the ball).

Marathon is old school. Originally released for mac only, the source code was made public by Bungie and you can get all three games for free legally for Mac or Windows. To get them, google "Aleph 1."

You can also get the second one on Xbox Live.

My favorite part of the video game series is the way they executed the crazy AI concept. It's called "rampancy" and it had some interesting stages. Google rampancy bungiepedia for more info.

If you've never played this game you should because it's free, if you just want to try it without full on downloadih everything you can also get a demo off Xbox live if you have an Xbox 360.
Animorph Quest: It's like Alternamorphs, but hopefully less terrible and directed by a bunch of utter lunatics.
If you just want the story and none of the chatter, you can find that here.
Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI

Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Marathon

Postby Tobias_Marco » Sat May 22, 2010 10:53 am

<But what if my computer is made of cheese and I can't download anything?>
<No really. My computer is not able to get the internet.>
<I'm only on-line now because I'm using someone else's computer.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20
guitarhero01234 is king! ...of Cassie's left shoe.
Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Marathon

Postby TF. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 am

Old school Halo action, you say? This one's going on my download list- for when my internet is 'refilled'. Stupid 7GB cap. :x
Image Image Image Image
TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Return to Games